Question about FEH Sirius Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Question about FEH Sirius Radio

I hope this question is appropriate to ask here....it's not a question about the hybrid in particular but about one of the FEH features...

In the Ford Escape, the Sirius radio factory default is to display the channel name and the channel category..."Big 80's - Pop" for example. There is a button on the dash titled "text" that I can hit that then changes the display so that the Artist and the Song displays. When I change the channel however, the display resets and goes back to the channel and the category.

IS THERE A WAY TO SET THE DISPLAY TO ARTIST/SONG AS THE DEFAULT?

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-07-2008, 07:49 AM
N/A
Default Re: Question about FEH Sirius Radio

Originally Posted by Sascol
I hope this question is appropriate to ask here....it's not a question about the hybrid in particular but about one of the FEH features...

In the Ford Escape, the Sirius radio factory default is to display the channel name and the channel category..."Big 80's - Pop" for example. There is a button on the dash titled "text" that I can hit that then changes the display so that the Artist and the Song displays. When I change the channel however, the display resets and goes back to the channel and the category.

IS THERE A WAY TO SET THE DISPLAY TO ARTIST/SONG AS THE DEFAULT?

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately, no. When the receiver acquires the signal, it automatically displays the station name. If you enter a tunnel and lose signal, when you emerge on the other side it will go back to the station name when it re-acquires the signal.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

And my wife complains about this all the time, having to press the 'Text' button again. Our 6-month trial period expires in late April. We comtemplated the lifetime renewal, which is several hundred $$$, but ultimately chose not to. That special price has expired.

How many people enjoy SIRIUS enough to continue the subscription? Am I in the minority not renewing? Since we don't travel in the car long distances, it's not worth it to us. Since we mostly commute in the car locally, the local stations for news, weather, traffic are more important than commercial free music/sports/talk shows.

Like many of life's decisions, I may later regret not subscribing to the lifetime update

Old 03-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I don't think I have this problem. I spend 95% of the time in the hybrid screen, but every time I hit media, I get the artist and song title--regardless if I have gone through a tunnel, or if my wife has changed the station.

Do you have the Nav unit?

Old 03-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

Once I hit the text button 4 months ago, I have never used it again. It stays on the song title and artist name. Not sure why yours would go back each time.
I signed up to extend my subscription for one year and really like it, I probably should go ahead and do lifetime subscription.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

We did the lifetime just before it expired. There is one time $75.00 fee if you want to switch the lifetime subscription to another unit (portable) or another factory radio. The subscritopin also includes lifetime internet radio. Sirius and XM Radio are merging in the very near future, they are claiming all lifetime and yearly rates will be honored. We are very happy with the selection of channels and it's very easy to get use to no commercials....

08FEH

Old 03-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Luke1975
Once I hit the text button 4 months ago, I have never used it again. It stays on the song title and artist name. Not sure why yours would go back each time.
I signed up to extend my subscription for one year and really like it, I probably should go ahead and do lifetime subscription.
You're kidding?? That's odd. I wish I could do this as well. I have to hit 'text' all of the time.

Last edited by Sascol; 03-07-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KenE
How many people enjoy SIRIUS enough to continue the subscription? Am I in the minority not renewing? Since we don't travel in the car long distances, it's not worth it to us. Since we mostly commute in the car locally, the local stations for news, weather, traffic are more important than commercial free music/sports/talk shows.
I had Sirius before we bought the FEH (a plug and play unit that I use in the car as well as on my desk at work). I love it and have not listened to 'regular' radio in almost 3 years. My sub ends in June and at that time I will sign up for another two years which gives me three months free.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:11 PM
N/A

Big Ditto. I LOVE satellite radio and think it's good value if you are a music and/or news fan. I would pay $10 per month just for the BBC World service alone.

I can hardly remember most of the radio stations I used to listen to. I'm pretty much on Sirius 99% of the time.

Side note: If you have nav, the display is different and this is not the same problem.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mtberman

Side note: If you have nav, the display is different and this is not the same problem.
I DO have the NAV package if that is the difference.

Quick Reply: Question about FEH Sirius Radio

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands