Should I Buy an Escape

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Should I Buy an Escape

Patrick, you are saying all the right stuff for the right reasons.

My wife bought a 2005 Escape Hybrid and is thrilled with it. I like it too and am very pleased that Ford has presented such a fine contribution to the the choices on the Green menu.

The Escape Hybrid is one of those "in the proper hybrid spirit" choices. The non-hybrid Escape is available in 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder versions. Ford chose to make the 4 cylinder version a hybrid. I applaud this decision.

Honda Accords are available in 4 and 6 cylinder versions too, and Honda chose to modify the 6 cylinder version to be the Accord Hybrid. It is touted as "having better performance than the non-hybrid V6 with mileage comparable to the 4 cylinder Accord". I don't consider this to be in sync with the true Green Spirit. Why not a Hummer Hybrid? It could be touted as "a whopping 8 MPG instead of the traditional 7 MPG", how Green is that???

I liked my wife's Escape Hybrid so much that I went out an bought a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid. It's great, but I often borrow my wife's Escape when I need to haul anything.

If the Escape meets your needs as far as body style, I would heartily encourage you to go forward with your decision. It's a great choice!

Old 11-16-2006, 06:16 AM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Should I Buy an Escape

Originally Posted by filmlabrat
Patrick, you are saying all the right stuff for the right reasons.

My wife bought a 2005 Escape Hybrid and is thrilled with it. I like it too and am very pleased that Ford has presented such a fine contribution to the the choices on the Green menu.

The Escape Hybrid is one of those "in the proper hybrid spirit" choices. The non-hybrid Escape is available in 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder versions. Ford chose to make the 4 cylinder version a hybrid. I applaud this decision.

Honda Accords are available in 4 and 6 cylinder versions too, and Honda chose to modify the 6 cylinder version to be the Accord Hybrid. It is touted as "having better performance than the non-hybrid V6 with mileage comparable to the 4 cylinder Accord". I don't consider this to be in sync with the true Green Spirit. Why not a Hummer Hybrid? It could be touted as "a whopping 8 MPG instead of the traditional 7 MPG", how Green is that???

I liked my wife's Escape Hybrid so much that I went out an bought a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid. It's great, but I often borrow my wife's Escape when I need to haul anything.

If the Escape meets your needs as far as body style, I would heartily encourage you to go forward with your decision. It's a great choice!
Slighty OT, but welcome to GH Filmlabrat.