Show us your hitch!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Show us your hitch!!!!

I went to the uhaul place today and ordered the valley/drawtite/uhaul hitch from them for like $129 i think (havn't paid yet) they also orderd me this wiring harness:

http://www.etrailer.com/pc-VWH~30130...cleid=20069918

Will that work on the hybrid? The etrailer website says yes, uhaul said yes (and he said he does all the hitches for the local ford dealership), but i remember hearing that you have to run a wire to the battery? I'm guessing with the little box this thing has it just runs power from whatever lights are on and turns them on on the trailer.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Does your trailer have many lamps? Or just stop/turn lamps?
I think you can only use what you purchased with 5 amps or less going to the trailer.

If you have lots of side lamps, or marker lamps on your trailer, you will need more than 5 amps, and you will need the direct to battery wire system.
Or, you can do what I did and put LED lamps on the trailer. Then you can use what you bought with as many lamps as you want because LED's take very little power. With LED the tail lamps on the car blink at normal speed and you won't get the "check turn lamps" message.

HTH

Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah right now I just plan on towing one of the smallest two uHaul trailers. I may get a trailer for my motorcycle and various other things later so this is a good excuse to put led's on it.