Solar-Electric Hybirds

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Solar-Electric Hybirds

Originally Posted by grnhybrid
.... which is really strange, since my milieage drops in the winter months.... must be some other over-power factors that negates the cooler battery temps.
Don't forget the gas mixture for winter is different. Everyone's winter mileage drops.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Please bare with me on this one, and no I'm not trying to start anything...

Originally Posted by colchiro
http://www.solarelectricalvehicles.com/products.shtml

I like the concept, (haven't even seen a price), but am concerned how the FEH/etc is able to use the additional power when not in EV mode, say driving down the highway at speeds above the EV cutoff.

Any speculation?
Looking at this photo; to me if looks like something Toyota is putting on their 2010 Prius as an option (http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/minisite/prius/ .) They state the solar panels on their roof will run the AC to keep the interior cool during the summer months. I think maybe this person may have done the same thing. Though I will admit, I did not look at the website you provided.

Thanks,
Rich

Old 01-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billyk
That photo was featured on this site in the past. It is not a hybrid Escape. Look on the right side of the rear cargo door and notice the V6 symbol.
I thought so too at first, but when I blew up the picture, that is not a V6 emblem, it looks like some kind of hybrid emblem, similar to what is on the sides of my 2008 FEH. At least, it doesn't look like "V6" to me.

Do the early year FEH have a different symbol on the back? The new ones have "Hybrid" in text back there...

Old 01-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Enthusiast

This photo is not a Escape. look on the other side of the back end.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by tylerkarenmay
This photo is not a Escape. look on the other side of the back end.
As near as I can tell when I blow up the pix, the right side says "Escape", although there is some other text below that word, perhaps a dealer logo...

Old 01-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Enthusiast

Wow, my bad. It look so much diffrent from the angle then my Ecsape does. I Wish we could get more info on this if it is a Escape Hybrid with solar.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: Solar-Electric Hybirds

I can fix this all... if you look at the "suv" on the driver side, of the "suv" in question. You'll see that the refection of the white "suv" has no back air duct for the HV batt.

I think....

Old 01-22-2009, 04:45 PM

This photo was in this site a year ago (2008) and you are not looking at a hybrid but an Escape with a V6 engine.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by way2muchkc4u
I can fix this all... if you look at the "suv" on the driver side, of the "suv" in question. You'll see that the refection of the white "suv" has no back air duct for the HV batt.

I think....
Actually, the reflection on the window of the SUV next to the "mystery" Escape does not go far enough back to see any cutout. However, the reflection on the PAINT of the SUV seems to show the cutout.

What I can't figure out is why the heck would they put a solar charger on a conventional escape?

Old 01-23-2009, 01:36 PM

I'm pretty sure this is the emblem we're seeing on the right side of the rear hatch:

Quick Reply: Solar-Electric Hybirds

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands