Sync system available to be installed after purchase on 08 FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Sync system available to be installed after purchase on 08 FEH?

Originally Posted by Audiofn
If you go to www.syncmyride.com there are no cars listed. Seems like a OK idea but honestly I don't think I would ever use it. You have to buy certain phone.... products to make it work. I would like to see things work better with the Sirius and Nav. The Sirius weather and trafic interface does not work real well (not a Ford problem just the delay in getting the data to you issue) I have that on another car and the info is always late getting updated. 15 min. delay on info is a life time when you are talking traffic. Seems like their efforts would be better spent on improving some of the stuff that they already offer.

Jon
You have to look around the site. there are cars listed. Also it required bluetooth and that is it for the phone part. Nice system that you can control music and other features with your voice.

Jess

Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by magicshot
You have to look around the site. there are cars listed. Also it required bluetooth and that is it for the phone part. Nice system that you can control music and other features with your voice.

Jess
We had something like this in the home audio world a while back. I beleive it was called "Hall". Over all people just did not like it. Not saying this is better or worse, I have not tried it myself. It just seems odd that people will want to talk to their car

Old 03-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Enthusiast

LOL Talking to your car i know. but makes it easier to keep your eyes on the road if you can tell everything what to do and the system actually works well.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeeSter
Assuming that the radio actually has controls for remote access of course. I'd think most of them do to have volume controls and such... but now you are asking it to recognize names of albums and what the sounds are for them... and transfer that info across..... Its easy to make it control the volume and allow you to say "track 4 disc 3" but the instant you have to tell it to access a certain mp3 via album and artist name.... its not a simle little module anymore. Presumably the MP3s are in the dash unit.... so you have to be able to trasfer that info too.

Basically the head unit has to be "ready" for it from the beginning.
Partially yes. The voice controlls is all done by the module for sync. I purchased the Premium system so it has mp3 and stuff ready just need sync basically added. cant say anything about the non NAV premium systems though.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by magicshot
Partially yes. The voice controlls is all done by the module for sync. I purchased the Premium system so it has mp3 and stuff ready just need sync basically added. cant say anything about the non NAV premium systems though.
I have the premium system as well. They told me that I could not add it on my 08 Hybrid

Old 03-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I have the premium system as well. They told me that I could not add it on my 08 Hybrid
Yeah its not an option on the 08 Mariner or Escape atm. but I was told by someone at ford that works for ford they are work on an addon for some 07 and many 08's that do not currently have sync. he said est eta was 2 months but prolly more like 4 or 5. This is not an offical responce of ford just a responce i received from a guy i know that works for them.