Tie rod linkage on 2006 AWD FEH

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default Tie rod linkage on 2006 AWD FEH

I read a post that an Escape Hybrid owner put regular tie rods, inner and outer; on his hybrid(which must call for smaller ones for weight, mpg, etc.?).
Has any body else done this? Dealer said my ends were bad(did a check for me)on the 155k mile truck I just bought.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Feral Engineer
Default Re: Tie rod linkage on 2006 AWD FEH

I can't answer your question, but I will say that I bought the hybrid ones off Amazon at a good price and installed them myself using a free tool from AutoZone.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks Tom

Old 07-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Feral Engineer

Originally Posted by TeddyB4x4
Thanks Tom
I'd verify the part number first, though, on a Ford dealer's parts web site, first. There is a lot of confusion in the aftermarket parts lists.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Enthusiast

yeah, I've noticed that.
Here is the previous post https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...51/index2.html where someone{Mulienba} stated he used non-hybrid parts! I would like the heavier ones if the are interchangeable. Just saw you were in the forum, Is there a way I can message him? I'm not real familiar with these sites/gadgets?

Old 07-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Feral Engineer

yeah, I've noticed that.
Here is the previous post https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...51/index2.html where someone{Mulienba} stated he used non-hybrid parts! I would like the heavier ones if the are interchangeable. Just saw you were in the forum, Is there a way I can message him? I'm not real familiar with these sites/gadgets?
Click on his screen name, then click "send a private message" in the drop down menu. He should get an email with your message.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Enthusiast

duh, that was easy enough..
I got part #'s from a Ford inspection which were for a non-hybrid and called then parts gave me new numbers but it all boils down to the same parts! even the diagrams on Motorcraft sites shows the same on hydraulic and electric...I just ordered both inner and outer w/o grease fitting for under 40 on ebay.. thanks for the input..just put 12 ounces of syntheic Arctic freon in an dropped 25 degrees to 45 ......can't wait to drive it more after I fix the clunk...

Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Feral Engineer

duh, that was easy enough..
I got part #'s from a Ford inspection which were for a non-hybrid and called then parts gave me new numbers but it all boils down to the same parts! even the diagrams on Motorcraft sites shows the same on hydraulic and electric...I just ordered both inner and outer w/o grease fitting for under 40 on ebay.. thanks for the input..just put 12 ounces of syntheic Arctic freon in an dropped 25 degrees to 45 ......can't wait to drive it more after I fix the clunk...
I know for a fact that on my 2007, the outer tie rods had a different thread diameter than a regular Escape, because I bought one and it didn't fit. Now, maybe you can replace both the inner and out at the same time and make it work - that is what I think I have heard..

When ever mine starts clunking, I replace the stabilizer bar links (3 times in 60,000 miles).

Old 07-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Enthusiast

Mullenba wrote back and said all he had to do was put a thick washer on the threaded inner rod. It sounds correct what you wote..
I did see a lot of Dealer history on carfaxes that replaced those bar links! Have you tried the red synthetic ones ? I'm gonna get mine on jackstands today and get a good look at it {in my gravel/grass driveway}..I should have done it before now but getting tired of laying under cars. Garages tell you anything for a sale...

Old 07-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast

I just looked at picture, guess poly bushings aren't an option! what time zone are these post from-middle of the Atlantic? LOL

Quick Reply: Tie rod linkage on 2006 AWD FEH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands