Tired of all the whining!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Tired of all the whining!

It's not that people complain. It's the volume of it.

Outside of Phill's post, my FAQ thread, it seems like the entire first page of the FEH Forum is complaints.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime

Outside of Phill's post, my FAQ thread, it seems like the entire first page of the FEH Forum is complaints.
Guess I need to .bump my FEH front window tint thread!

{kidding!}

Old 06-24-2006, 08:12 AM
no more oil

gang

The FEH is an awsome SUV. For those looking for something more than a prius or civic, but less than a highander or lexus, then its perfect. Lets face it, 33MPG average for many folks in an SUV is outright AMAZING compared to a gas suv. Good start for the enviroment!!!

I bought the Highlander because my wife still loves the 'boogity boogity' -and wanted all the bells and whistles, and we wanted the hybrid to do our share. Now of course 'our share' for the enviroment is not as good as the honda insight, but again it comes down to preference.

We highlanders dont gripe much because we already sacrificed fuel economy to still have our cake and eat it too. The FEH had to sacrifice some features such as towing capacity and horse power to get the extra MPG.

I think everyone should be happy that they bought hybrid alone. Its a definite step in the right direction.

cheers

Old 06-24-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime

I think thats the nature of the beast (meaning forums). People who are having a good experience tend to not post... people having a bad one are frustrated and post more.

Kinda a "silent majority". Whenever one looks at a product online and reads the complains/comments, one has to take into account: 1) the "haters" are always the most vocal. 2) the "lovers" are usually so quiet that the only REAL "loving" reviews are mostly "plants" from someone with a vested interest. I think I heard on NPR that some people are actually hiring people to write online "personal" reviews on Amazon...

In this forum its somewhat similiar we get a mix of both types (and I suspect no "plants") but we will hear more VOLUME from the people with complaints.

You just have to take a deep breath and roll your eyes a bit... it helps. (I end up doing it frequently). Theres too much good info on here to ignore reading it completely... just have to filter.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by TeeSter
You just have to take a deep breath and roll your eyes a bit... it helps. (I end up doing it frequently). Theres too much good info on here to ignore reading it completely... just have to filter.

Ah, but as a moderator, I read all the the posts here. Which, lately, seems to be mostly reading complaints, reading helpful suggestions from a handful of people (sometimes myself), and then repeating.

Though, I'll have to admit, sometimes reading a note from John (GPSMan) or Gary (GaryG) can help brighten my day, especially a few of them that made me glad I own a FEH.

I understand that people complain, but the good and happy posts seems to have dropped quite a bit lately in both quantity and quality.

Old 06-26-2006, 02:27 PM

Happy to brighten anyone's day Rich.

Did not have the chance to meet with Phillip (VietVet67) to compare notes on the AWD and FWD. We had a tropical storm coming though, so maybe some other time.

Finding out how to hypermile with the A/C normal recirc mode on most of the time. It helps the battery stay cool and perform better. I have written more on the subject at http://www.cleanmpg.com/

For those parking in the sun, the gray leather on the steering wheel is turning a yellow color. Need to get a sterring wheel cover.

My right rear brake noise has been gone for 7 months now. Never took it in for that.

Adding the full size spare did not effect MPG, and is well hidden if you don't bend down to look for it.

Still love the FEH, and very glad I bought it.

GaryG

Old 06-26-2006, 02:42 PM

Toldja that spare would fit!

Old 07-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Phillip,
I was glad to read this thread. Especially since you stated the obvious. "If you wanted those options, you should have purchased them with the vehicle." Yes I would have also liked to get heated leather seats. But that option wasn't an available option for 2005 (accidentally test drove a 2006 model.) But I went to the dealer knowing which options were the deal breakers (which was the NAV system, 4WD, and leather seats.) I wouldn't waste my time looking at the models that didn't have the options I wanted. However, stating this, I also ended up getting the appearance package with fenderflares and I also got the safety package (both were not options on the 2006 model I test drove.)

I also like the fact that you stated if you wanted the options of a Lexus, you should have purchased the Lexus instead of the FEH. However, I have driven the Lexus RX400h sister-vehicle the Highlander Hybrid. That is one peppy vehicle. But as was also stated in this thread, it doesn't get the FE the FEH gets. I also looked into it's 4WD system. The FEH's 4WD system is different than the HiHy. My wife got to drive on of the company HiHys for a couple weeks. She told me it doesn't last as long on Battery than the FEH and takes longer to charge (unless it was just the vehicle she was driving.) But judging from the price tags, I got more options for the $$ than what was paid for the HiHy. This I do know for a fact. But I also got the other quirks as well (meaning what the FEH sacrifices for FE.) Though these aren't really sacrifices for me since I never used my vehicles for them anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by rihavo; 07-02-2006 at 01:33 PM. Reason: adding a deal breaking option