update for 2005 thru 2007 nav system

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Post update for 2005 thru 2007 nav system

i talked to nav teq today and they said there is an update coming in late august tru some time in september i explkain to them my nav is show the wrong house number at my house when i sit in the drive way and at my brothers house. my feh is at the dealer being fixed right now so i am having the dealer check out the nav but nav teq is going to send me something in the mail when the update is available i will post when it is check this post from time to time and watch for the available date when the update will be ready.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: update for 2005 thru 2007 nav system

Glenn,

That would be great if you could inform everyone when NavTeq notifies you that the update is available. I have been looking into getting updated CDs for my recently purchased used 2006 FEH 4WD. Occasionally, "Stella" (that is what I call my navigation system with its female voice) says messages about incomplete data and then goes into a long spiel about driver responsibility, and I also get off-road condition notifications. Maybe some of this will be resolved with updated CDs. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I want to spend around $200 for the update though. According to NavTeq's website (http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...wAAAEUNfM6WdDc), the July 2007 update was $199, and I assume the 2008 update will be the same or almost the same price. Did the representative give you a price? My boss and I flew from Washington, D.C. area to Jacksonville, Florida on business, and he brought his Garmin navigation system to use in the rental car. It was great. At that point, I had not "fiddle around" with "Stella" too much. He told me the update for his Garman is $75. That is a heck of a lot better than $199, and I assume it's just a matter of downloading the update from their website. Plus, it is portable, so it can be taken anywhere. I will probably buy a portable navigation system for my Civic, and I can use it in any other vehicle.

I love "Stella" -- my wife is getting jealous. On my wife's birthday, we were in an unfamilar area picking up our FEH from being serviced, and we wanted to find a restaurant. I used "Stella" to locate one of my wife's choice, and "she" lead us right there. I will have a navigation system -- be it portable or factory installed -- from now on.

I bought a new house, and the community is still under construction and will probably be a while unitl it is complete, so it will probably be another year or two before my house appears.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: update for 2005 thru 2007 nav system

the women at nav teq sounded like it would be an update that ford will installbut I'm not sure on this because the discs are just updates on poi's roads things like that I think I will buy them because my wife is a nurses aid and soon getting her rn and goes from house to house and will need the nav when she goes to their homes I have a 2000 explorer and I bought the tom tom one third edition this thing is unbleaveable the updates are free I find an update almost everyday and for 14.99 a year I subscirbe to gas prices so I get gas prices no matter where I a'm I went to maine in july and I was able to know who had the cheapest price on my route and there are tons of voices to add some are free and others you pay for I bought two dennis hopper and mr tthey are both a riot mr t says things like hey fool in 300 yrds make right,are we all going to the same destination or are some of you getting dropped of this ain't a cab you know.or he says get out of the car fool you have reached your destination see you later and then he laughs it was woth every penny I spent on it I bought it a best buy online they had a two day sale reg 199.00 paid 149.00 tom tom is rated the best on the market you can even set the poi's to let you know when your passing them like the police stations and fire the police stations I have a siren the fire I have the sound of a church bellso I know which one I'm near but anyways I will let everyone know when the update comes out but like I said I think the ford garage will have to install this but I will ask them monday my truck is bieng worked on right nowand they are going to check out the nav systemwhen I sit at my house it says im' at 7 and I live at 9 there is no #7 on my street and at my brothers house in a different town he lives at 7 but the nav shows me at 23 sitting in his driveway.well gotta go and update my tom tom talk to later