WeatherTech questions for 2009 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Location: New Jersey. Land of high auto insurance and pollution.
Default WeatherTech questions for 2009 FEH

Hey all. I did a search here and saw that the two most recomended floor and cargo area liners for our FEH's are Husy and WeatherTech. Was wondering if anyone with a 2009 had ordered any of these and if so, how they liked them.

FloorLiner DigitalFit 44119-1-2

Was also wondering if anyone order the Cargo Liner 40197 and if it fit properly.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: WeatherTech questions for 2009 FEH

Sorry, I bought the Husky liner. I'm curious, what makes the WeatherTech worth the price premium?

Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cbibbs
Sorry, I bought the Husky liner. I'm curious, what makes the WeatherTech worth the price premium?
Not 100% sure as to the differences that would command a price premium other than they are "digital fit" to be exact matches to the floor and the rear mat is one big piece for full floor protection. I was also looking at the WeatherTech Floor Mats - All Weather W71-W20 for $99.95 but don't like the fact that you have to trim the two rear mats for a perfect fit.

How do you like the Husky brand? What color did you get (black or grey) and how does it look in your escape? Any trimming needed for the 2nd row mats? Did you also get the cargo liner and how did it fit? Also, what prices did you pay and where did you order from? Sorry for all the questions, info overload seems to be my OCD.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

I use the Ford OEM All-Weather mats in Black (but I wish they were available in tan) and the Black Husky Cargo liner. I like the WeatherTec mats but went with the OEM's because I wanted them as soon as I took the vehicle.

Here are some pics:

Attached Thumbnails WeatherTech questions for 2009 FEH-cargo-liner1.jpg   WeatherTech questions for 2009 FEH-cargo-liner2.jpg   WeatherTech questions for 2009 FEH-left-front-mat.jpg   WeatherTech questions for 2009 FEH-rt-frt-mat.jpg   WeatherTech questions for 2009 FEH-rear-mat.jpg  

Last edited by Green Lantern; 10-22-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

I only bought the Husky cargo liner. I figured I'd give that a try before getting the floor mats.

I bought tan and it matches my interior very well. Like the photo Patrick attached, it fits pretty well, though I have had dirt and straw get underneath it when carrying lots of sod or hay. The biggest gripe was that the rear lip was bent oddly and it took a few months before it fit properly when the gate closed.

I paid $77.95 with free shipping from AutoAnything.com. I will probably be ordering the mats before winter starts here in Detroit. I don't know about Jersey, but we use salt on the roads here and it is hell on the carpeting.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There has been previous threads regarding the '05-'08 models. I'm not sure but I think that the '09 has the same dimensions as the '08. I know for sure that the '08 is different from the '05-'07s in some ways.

Previous threads:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ssories-18201/
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...estions-16200/
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ory-fit-16378/

Old 10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MyPart
There has been previous threads regarding the '05-'08 models. I'm not sure but I think that the '09 has the same dimensions as the '08. I know for sure that the '08 is different from the '05-'07s in some ways.

Previous threads:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ssories-18201/
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...estions-16200/
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ory-fit-16378/

Hey Chris,
Thanks for the links. I had forgoten about your "review" of the Husky's when I read it a few weeks back

MyPart
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Hybrids: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 2wd

Re: 2008 Floor Mats (Carpeted Ford Accessory) Fit?
I've got the Husky liners all around (front, middle and cargo) and love them. I've got the factory mats in storage and probably will until (if) I sell. I will say that I wish the Husky Cargo liner covered the back of the seats when they are folded down. To that end I know there are other cargo liners that I've seen used by others on this forum that do go up the dack of the back seats.

With the Husky liners, all I have to do is vacuum (shop vac) and wipe. Under the mats stay as clean as the day I picked my FEH up. And in the looks department, no one (including my wife) has complained and I've even gotten a few questions about where I got them from interested viewers.

Well worth the investment!

Did you have to do any trimming of the 2nd row mat to get it to fit properly? Also, did you get the standard Husky or heavy duty and how are they holding up after almost a year? I'm starting to lean toward Husky so this way everything matches (this will make my wife happy). And I've found a few coupon codes for AutoAnything,
$10 off $150 - COUPONCOMMANDO
$15 off $299 - SAVE15
$30 off $499 - SAVE30 (not that I'll be spending $500, I'd be in the dog house lol )

Thanks

Old 10-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Enthusiast

I believe I've read all of the threads on floor mats and am ready to order the Husky front and back set from AutoAnything. Just want to confirm one thing. The last year listed is 2008. Are we pretty sure the 2009 is the same size? Thanks.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

I cannot speak to the passenger areas (but I am pretty sure they are the same) but the cargo area for the 2008 and 2009 is the same and the liner from Husky fits both years.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

After 14 months and 26,000 miles the Huskys are doing just fine They are the heavy duty liners because I wanted the lip around the edges. They still clean up like a dream and I'm glad to have them. I have not trimmed anything and the fit is fine.

Here's what I ordered:

Husky Liner Floor Liners - 2005-08 Escape/Escape Hybrid/Tribute
3317X - FRONT FLOOR LINERS
$69.95
Liner Color: 33172 Grey
Husky Liner Floor Liners - 2005-08 Escape/Escape Hybrid/Tribute
6317X - REAR FLOOR LINERS (1 Piece)
$69.95
Liner Color: 63172 Grey

2314X Cargo Liner by Husky Liners - 2008 Escape Hybrid / Mariner Hybrid - CARGO LINER
$79.90
Liner Color: 23142 Grey

You may want to opt for the tan for the rear cargo liner since the carpet color is different in the cargo area than the floor board sections. Note that the X in the product numbers above is replaced by a color code number. 1 is black, 2 is grey, and 3 is tan. Prices appear to have gone up on the site that I ordered from since I ordered...

Quick Reply: WeatherTech questions for 2009 FEH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands