What is a Scangauge?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 03:49 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default What is a Scangauge?

What is a Scangauge and where do I get one?
Are they difficult to install?

Old 11-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What is a Scangauge?

see http://www.scangauge.com They install by plugging into the OBD-II port above your feet. The biggest problem is dealing with the very long cable. With the new xgauge feature, you can monitor a ton of stuff for the FEH, more than for just about any other vehicle.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by FjordHybrid
see http://www.scangauge.com They install by plugging into the OBD-II port above your feet. The biggest problem is dealing with the very long cable. With the new xgauge feature, you can monitor a ton of stuff for the FEH, more than for just about any other vehicle.
Thanks!
How different is the Scangauge from the standard info you get in your FEH/MMH?

Old 11-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If your like me and don't have the NAV screen info, the only info I can get from the FEH itself is avg FE, a bar graph that means ???, and MTE. So now with SC, I can see instant FE, Batery level, water temp, etc etc.
If you have a Nav screen, I'm not sure what you can see, but hear the SC can still do more.
If you do decide to buy, this is one time I suggest calling vs online. As if any discount avaiable, say you learned of it from GH.com, you could save $10

Old 11-29-2007, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
If your like me and don't have the NAV screen info, the only info I can get from the FEH itself is avg FE, a bar graph that means ???, and MTE. So now with SC, I can see instant FE, Batery level, water temp, etc etc.
If you have a Nav screen, I'm not sure what you can see, but hear the SC can still do more.
If you do decide to buy, this is one time I suggest calling vs online. As if any discount available, say you learned of it from GH.com, you could save $10
Thanks! I will do that. It may be the first accessory to my MMH.
Is the OBDII easy to find?

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 12-06-2007 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Fixed Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Enthusiast

You can't miss the OBDII. On the FEH, just reach in between the brake and hood release and you will feel it. It sits just behind the dash plastic.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by teperilloux
You can't miss the OBDII. On the FEH, just reach in between the brake and hood release and you will feel it. It sits just behind the dash plastic.
Thanks!
Scangauge looks like it gives you all the information that you could possibly need for your vehicle.
I have to get one!