2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrids

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrids

I just ordered my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid today! It was a tough choice between the FFH and NAH, but the Ford won out for the following reasons:

1. Better looking car
2. Nicer interior
3. State of the art tech package
4. More advanced hybrid system, with better mpg
5. Larger rear trunk
6. Sync system v. Nissan navi system (duh)
7. Ford reliability
8. Got it at invoice (better price than NAH at discounted and rebated price).

My salesperson has had two orders already. I ordered the vehicle loaded, with the 502A package, white platinum color. Invoice price was 29, 934. The sales person says it should arrive in about 8 weeks. The order he took 3 weeks ago is already in production, and has a VIN.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by frankieboy
I just ordered my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid today! It was a tough choice between the FFH and NAH, but the Ford won out for the following reasons:

1. Better looking car
2. Nicer interior
3. State of the art tech package
4. More advanced hybrid system, with better mpg
5. Larger rear trunk
6. Sync system v. Nissan navi system (duh)
7. Ford reliability
8. Got it at invoice (better price than NAH at discounted and rebated price).

My salesperson has had two orders already. I ordered the vehicle loaded, with the 502A package, white platinum color. Invoice price was 29, 934. The sales person says it should arrive in about 8 weeks. The order he took 3 weeks ago is already in production, and has a VIN.
Way to go! Great deal and options and even the best color IMO. This is just what I would order and hope I can find on a lot before March 31 for the big tax credit. Be sure and read Wayne Gerdes review of the Ford Fusion at:
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showt...370#post190370
real soon.

GaryG

Old 02-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

After much deliberation, I placed an order for a Fusion Hybrid (silver with black leather) 502 Package. The Milan was tempting, but I don't care for the two-tone leather seats.

The next step is to see if the order was accepted by Ford. My dealer said he was only promised 1 for the next 6 months, and that may be his only 1 for the year. I will check Monday to see if they got a DOR (dealer order acknowledgment). That will be my proof I "Bought" it before the March 31 cut-off for the $3,400 tax incentive (no tax on $3,400 of income) which should save me about $850.

I did not plan to get the loaded version, but the $1,270 package savings made the added cost of the roof/Sony/Nav/ rear camera/ etc. reasonable.

Now the wait begins.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Does the FFH have a Sunroof?

Old 02-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Red,

I think you are mistaken regarding the financial impact of buying a hybrid. You said: "That will be my proof I "Bought" it before the March 31 cut-off for the $3,400 tax incentive (no tax on $3,400 of income) which should save me about $850."

The incentive is not a "deduction," but rather a "credit." Unless you are hit by AMT, or have income in the mid to high 6 figures (or higher), you will get a dollar-for-dollar reduction in your tax. Unless the above applies to you, you will see a $3400 reduction in your tax bill to Uncle Sam when you do your 2009 taxes.

On top of that, you will be able to claim a tax deduction (whether you itemize of not) of the sales tax you pay as long as the vehicle is purchased by 12/31/2009 (this applies to any new car purchase, not just a hybrid).

In my situation, I will get the $3400 credit, and get to itemize another $2700 in sales tax (about $1000 in tax reduction). This will bring the price of the car in line with the new Honda Insight or Civic Hybrid, and much cheaper than the TCH or NAH.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Does the FFH have a Sunroof?
Yes, if you get either the 501A or 502A package.

According to the spec sheet provided me by my salesperson, production of the FFH as a percentage of all 2010 fusions will be 8%, with the following breakdown:

1%: base
5%: 501A (Moon & Tune; Driver's vision package)
2%: 502A (add leather & Sync Navi package to 501A)

Sync package and leather are available as separate options. Moonroof package is not a separate option. I am told very few vehicles will be produced outside of the base and two "rapid spec" groups.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Red

frankieboy - thank you for the clarification. I shouldn't have made an assumption that it was an income reduction. Now I am really happy about the deal.

I plugged an Escape Hybrid in my Turbo-Tax (bought in Feb. and in service in July) like I had bought it last year and my taxes were reduced by $3,000. BINGO

And you are exactly right about the strategy that Ford is adopting on simplifying the builds. Instead of 9,000 possible build combinations, there will be 30 or 40 per vehicle line. The key is taking the complexity savings that occurs in the plant and passing it through as a discount on the package deals. In my case, I wouldn't have ordered the moonroof, but with the $1,270 discount, it's like getting it N/C. This strategy makes it more likely that the dealers will have just what you want in stock (or in the market) and reduce retail orders for unique units.

Thanks for the correction.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Red
frankieboy - thank you for the clarification. I shouldn't have made an assumption that it was an income reduction. Now I am really happy about the deal.

I plugged an Escape Hybrid in my Turbo-Tax (bought in Feb. and in service in July) like I had bought it last year and my taxes were reduced by $3,000. BINGO

And you are exactly right about the strategy that Ford is adopting on simplifying the builds. Instead of 9,000 possible build combinations, there will be 30 or 40 per vehicle line. The key is taking the complexity savings that occurs in the plant and passing it through as a discount on the package deals. In my case, I wouldn't have ordered the moonroof, but with the $1,270 discount, it's like getting it N/C. This strategy makes it more likely that the dealers will have just what you want in stock (or in the market) and reduce retail orders for unique units.

Thanks for the correction.
The big question is if you bought a FFH in Feb '09 and placed it in service in July '09 when the credit is 50% less, can you still get the full credit. Turbo Tax just gave you information that is correct for the '09 FEH, not the '10 FFH. Expert Tax advisors are saying you may have a problem claiming the full credit if it was placed in service after March 31, '09. Why would Turbo Tax ask when the vehicle was placed is service in the first place if it did not matter?

I have the back-up warning system in my FEHL and would have loved to have had the back-up camera like the Fusion. These complete packages are the way to go if you can afford it. Resale value for a loaded hybrid makes for an easier sale, but the new Nav system can even be updated to newer programs.

Good luck guys, this is a great vehicle!

GaryG

Old 02-27-2009, 07:26 PM

This Just in:

New program announced today to expedite retail order scheduling.

To: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers
Subject: EFC0200946DC 2010MY Fusion Hybrid & 2010 Milan Hybrid Retail Order Scheduling Program

We are pleased to announce a limited-time 2010MY Fusion/Milan Hybrid Retail Order Scheduling Program which will provide scheduling for all verified 2010MY Fusion Hybrid and 2010MY Milan Hybrid retail orders placed in the order bank by March 31st.

Why is Ford doing this?

We feel this presents our dealers with a tremendous opportunity to pre-sell as many 2010MY Fusion Hybrids and 2010MY Milan Hybrids as possible. Dealers can now aggressively solicit legitimate retail business and have the confidence of telling customers that their retail order will be built.

Retail Order Eligibility Details

Only legitimate retail orders verified through the newly developed Retail Order Verification Process will be considered for scheduling
Retail orders must be placed by March 31, 2009, no extensions beyond this date will be considered
Eligible order types are 1, 3, A, X, Z, D Only
Retail orders must be clean and buildable by March 31, 2009 and verification process must be completed by April 3, 2009. No exceptions or extensions will be considered
This program may end prior to March 31, 2009 if the number of verified retail orders exceeds available production capacity
Only eligible and verified orders meeting the above listed criteria will be considered for scheduling above and beyond any dealer allocation commitment
Listed below is a short Q&A designed to clarify the program

When will the verified retail orders be produced?
Eligible and verified orders will be considered for production during the April through October production months. Production timing guidance will be provided to dealers with verified retail orders in April. Timing estimates will depend upon the number of verified orders received.

Will all eligible and verified retail orders be produced immediately?
Monthly production is limited, so Ford will evaluate the number of eligible and verified retail orders before any production timing commitments can be provided.

Will this retail order scheduling commitment extend beyond March 31, 2009?
We do not anticipate an extension beyond March 31, 2009

Do I need to verify retail orders already in the order bank?
Yes, every retail order, including those already in the order bank must be verified for scheduling of April Production.

How do I verify my retail order?
Please refer to EFC0200944DC for instructions on the retail order verification progress.

What will happen if my order is not buildable (e.g. has a configuration error)?
Dealers are responsible for providing a clean and buildable order by 3/31/09, no exceptions will be honored

What happens with the 2010MY Fusion Hybrid and 2010MY Milan Hybrid allocation strategy?
We may have to temporarily postpone or scale back the existing allocation strategy announced in eFCs EFC0800446DC & EFC0800447DC, depending on the number of verified orders received. The timing for any adjustment to the allocation strategies will be decided in early April and be communicated to dealers.

GaryG

Old 02-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Red

Gary - thanks for the information. I called my salesperson and he said they were advised of the verification process after (I thought) my order was submitted. So he was gathering up the material to submit to Ford.

Interesting to note - all hybrid orders must be verified with a copy of the purchase order and copy of the drivers license (block out the SS#, date of birth and license #.) So, some purchasers may think they have an order in the system, only to find out it needs to be verified before Ford will consider scheduling it.

I'm hoping for June production. The IRS only requires you can verify you bought (ordered) the hybrid before 3/31 to qualify for the incentive. I will use a copy of the dated DOR since it will have my name on it with the order date.
The Georgia legislature is still trying to establish a state incentive that will apply to hybrids. It looks like we can get an Alternative Fuel tag for $20 or $25 which permits us to travel in the HOV lanes, regardless of occupant count. Probably would not be worth it to me, as the boss doesn't let me get far from the porch without her. Georgia is also considering a 7% tax on a new vehicle (up to $1,500) and no more "Ad Valorum" annual fees after the purchase.

Thanks again Gary, you have good contacts!

Quick Reply: 2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrids

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands