Ford Fusion Hybrid - Dealer Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 05:33 AM
Enthusiast
Angry Ford Fusion Hybrid - Dealer Problems

I have my heart set on getting a Honda Hybrid, but my Dad is really trying to talk me into getting a FFH as the Honda Hybrids are manufactured entirely in Japan and I won't be helping out the economy. I don't know if it is just in Atlanta but dealing with some of the dealers in this area has been absolutely annoying. My Dad and Fiancee had no problem test driving one at a dealer by the Airport and the guy was selling it for MSRP. (Granted, you can only find fully loaded Hybrids so the price isn't cheap even if you could negotiate with the Bottom Line CR Price) We went to a dealer closer to us because they wanted me to test drive it and they are keeping them in their showrooms and will not let you drive them. You have to secure financing, negotiate the price and buy the car in order to drive it. Not only that, they are adding a "Market Fee" of $5,000 onto the MSRP. Has anyone else come across dealers being this shady?

I also dispute the argument that dealers are using that you are "helping out the economy" because after looking at the sticker, the car is manufactured almost entirely in Mexico with the Transmission being manufactured in Japan - so how am I being a good American if I buy one? It is a nice car, I would actually like to test drive one at some point but it looks like we will have to drive 30+ miles to do so.

For those that actually bought the FFH did you pay MSRP, or were you able to negotiate your price at all? I am not sure if it is worth paying an extra $8,000 on a car at some dealerships...is it possible to get a fair price?

Old 04-22-2009, 05:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: Ford Fusion Hybrid - Dealer Problems

First. If the dealer won't take the car out of the showroom to let you drive it then walk away. That is just stupid. I went to a dealer and the only one they had was on the showroom floor. I told them I wanted to drive it and they were only to happy to move 2 other cars and get it off the floor for me to drive. I did not even show them my license. Now as it comes to price I have the X-Plan so I went to my local ford store and they were happy to let me drive it and then order me one but only at MSRP. I said I have the x-plan and they said no so I walked. I sent emails out to about 5 other dallas area stores and 2 came back more than happy to let me order on x-plan. I called my local store told them and they asked who it was. They called back about an hour later and said the would do it on x-plan, so I drove over made the order and gave them $100 deposit. Should have the car in about 8 weeks. That was my experience. I would say just let your fingers do the walking via the web and you will find a dealer that actually wants to sell a car and not keep them as trophies on the floor.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford Fusion Hybrid - Dealer Problems

You can call my salesman (Glen Rainwater) at John Bleakley Ford and he will be happy to order you an FFH. 770-491-9000. He is very good at follow-up and will keep you advised of the build and delivery status. I know they have allocation for at least one more, so don't wait too long. (And no crazy market adjustment pricing.)

Old 04-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just to add to that the allocation is "open" as I understand it until June 30. So that should not be a problem.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Bail on your dealer right away. You should not pay more than MSRP. In many cases, you should pay less, since the tax credit is now $1700 (it was 3400 until 3/31/09).

I agree with Red. Check around and call his dealer. They can order the car, and it won't affect their allocation. It is just easy money for them, so they should have no problem making a deal with you. The economy still sucks; and the car economy is in a bona fide depression.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red
You can call my salesman (Glen Rainwater) at John Bleakley Ford and he will be happy to order you an FFH. 770-491-9000. He is very good at follow-up and will keep you advised of the build and delivery status. I know they have allocation for at least one more, so don't wait too long. (And no crazy market adjustment pricing.)
Thanks! I will check with Glen as soon as I hear back from my Dad- He is checking with the dealer he likes to use for all his cars in Newnan. They apparently are looking to give the employee pricing to order the car(which I guess is the same as the X-Plan?). But, even then I don't think I will get the rate down to the bottom line price of $24,900 - but I guess we will see. It is a pretty neat car.

Any thoughts as to what features you defniitely should have or is the base car sufficient? Do you really need Navigation and all those other bells and whistles that come with the upgraded packages?

Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

I walked from the dealer that wanted over MSRP, and found another dealer (Mullinax Ford in New Smyrna Beach, Florida) that was discounting by about $600 off the only unit in stock. I didn't ask about X-plan. They also don't charge any dealer fees. My salesman was Chris Brown at 386-428-9094. Mullinax has several Ford dealerships in Florida.

I have navigation, and enjoy using it and all the electronic features of the car. However, I am pretty sure that the base car includes Sync. The configurable instruments are standard. Good luck in your hunt!

Old 04-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Red

Fusion Hybrid base unit is well equipped.

110 Volt Power Point
• Audio — AM/FM Stereo/CDX6 /MP3 Capable — 6-Speakers
Dual LCD Cluster and Features
• Reverse Sensing System
Wheels/Tires — 17" 15-spoke Aluminum Wheel — P225/50VR17 A/S BSW Tires
• Ambient Lighting
Climate Control – Dual-zone Automatic Temperature Control
• Ford SYNCŪ Voice-activated Communications and
• Headlamps – Automatic Halogen
• Mirror – Electrochromic (Auto-Dimming) Rearview
Mirror with Microphone and Compass
• Puddle Light/Heated Mirrors
• Seats — 1st Row – 8-way Power Driver's Seat — 1st Row – 6-way Power Passenger's Seat
— Leather Trimmed and Heated Seating Surfaces
• SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry Pad
• Steering Wheel — Leather Wrapped — Redundant Control Buttons • Unique Interior Trim
• Exhaust – Dual with Chrome Tips
• Floor Mats – 1st & 2nd Row
• Fog Lamps
• Mirrors – Body Colored
• SIRIUSŪ Satellite Radio with 6-month pre-paid subscription (
• Storage — Map Pockets – Front Seat Backs
�� Steering Wheel — Cruise and Redundant Controls
• Visors – Driver and Front Passenger with
Illuminated Mirrors
EXTERIOR
• Bumpers – Body Colored Front and Rear
• Door Handles – Body Color
• Glass – Solar Tinted
• Grille – Chrome
• Mirrors — Black Side Mirrors — Power Adjustable
INTERIOR/COMFORT
• Center Consoles – Front Row with 2 Tier Armrest Storage
Climate Control – Cabin Air Filter
• Door Locks – Power
• Illumination – Dome Lamp with Map Lights – 1st and 2nd Row
Instrument Cluster with Message Center
• Shifter **** – Leather (Manual)
Steering Wheel — Manual Tilt/Telescoping
• Remote Keyless Entry System with Trunk Release (FOB Integrated Into Key) Integrated Keyhead Remote Transmitter
• Decklid Release – Remote
Easy Fuel™ – Capless Fuel Filler
• Instrumentation — Trip Computer
• Power Points – 2, 12V, Located In Front of Vehicle
• Window – Rear Defroster
• Windshield Wipers – Front Speed Sensitive
• Windows —Power Side with 1-Touch Up/Down on Driver Side

Old 04-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Red

The 501A package has:
Moon & Tune Value Package--
Moonroof
Sony Sound System/CDx6/MP3 Capable with 12 Speakers
Driver's Vision Package--
Blind Spot Detection with Cross-Traffic Alert
Rear Camera

This package is $2250 but has a $655 discount - Net $1,595

Remember the $1,700 tax credit on the Fusion Hybrid - I think that is the biggest credit out there now.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red
The 501A package has:
Moon & Tune Value Package--
Moonroof
Sony Sound System/CDx6/MP3 Capable with 12 Speakers
Driver's Vision Package--
Blind Spot Detection with Cross-Traffic Alert
Rear Camera

This package is $2250 but has a $655 discount - Net $1,595

Remember the $1,700 tax credit on the Fusion Hybrid - I think that is the biggest credit out there now.
I think the Nissan Altima Hybrid has a $2350 tax credit.

Quick Reply: Ford Fusion Hybrid - Dealer Problems

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands