Fusion Hybrid on internet show

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Enthusiast
Default Fusion Hybrid on internet show

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1208570

Unsure of the affilation of the 'reporter'; but filmed at Ford hybrid development lab in Dearborn, and includes a program manager and a couple engineers being interviewed.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 AM
Default Re: Fusion Hybrid on internet show

Great video and information!

GaryG

Old 03-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Great Video overall. I enjoyed it. Those are the best types of interviews, where the people don't have pre-written statements, and professional "spokespersons".

Had to laugh at a couple of "flubs" though minor and forgivable.

"Use the 110 VAC to plug in your laptop or hair dryer."

Laptop, yes... Hair dryer, NOT!!!!The power outlet is low wattage, and hair dryers require very HIGH wattage.

The other "minor" detail, the 2005 was the first model year of hybrid Escape, not the 2004. It was available to the public in Fall of 2004. Probably what he meant when he said "we put the hybrid in our 2004 Escapes".

I think it will be a good car.
Too bad my Escape is so durable. Otherwise, I'd be getting one.
My Escape has many more years of life left.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

The part that I questioned was the boast that the transmission in the Fusion was integrated with some type of electronics while the TCH transmission is separated. They showed both transmissions with the TCH being much smaller and probably lighter.

To me having the electronic part of a transmission separate from the hardware would be a good thing - making it easier to work on and troubleshoot.

Am I missing something here?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Enthusiast

RE: KenSoren

>transmission in the Fusion was integrated with some type of electronics while the TCH transmission is separated.

I believe it was done to prove visually that Ford does not use a Toyota Hybrid System. They have been saying it for years, and Toyota has backed them up; yet I still read articles that talk about Ford licensing the technology. (yes I know they actually DID license patents for using a similar system, but it has been characterized in ways that hint at sharing of components and control logic in articles I have been reading since the Escape Hybrid launched).

Last edited by buyhevs; 03-11-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Short but nice review of the FFH. Gives good rationale as to those of us buying hybrids on the cheap now. Those prices will go up when oil spikes again.