More Ford Hybrids

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Active Enthusiast
Post More Ford Hybrids

In the middle of all the bad news from Ford on January 22 (layoffs and plant closings) here's good news on the hybrid front:
[Ford] is announcing that hybrid versions of the Ford Five Hundred, Mercury Montego, Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX will debut in the 2008-2010 timeframe. The new hybrids will join the Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner hybrids, which are on sale today, as well as the Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan hybrids, which will debut in 2008. Overall, Ford Motor Company plans to build 250,000 hybrids a year by 2010.
http://media.ford.com/article_displa...&make_id=trust

Last edited by Jason; 01-23-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: More Ford Hybrids

That is cool. The ford edge looks like a promising car and will valid a 2nd look.

That said I hate the Fusion comercial where it's claimed to "generate energy wherever you go" and yet you can't get it as a hybrid (that would make an awesome hybrid!).

I think ford is slowly turning around, their cars are getting better, I think the fusion is probably one of the better cars in it's class and can def. compete with the Altima and Corrolla... That said the altima will soon come with a toyota hybrid and Toyota have the Prius and the Camry all as hybrids... I sure hope they mean closer to '08 then '10

Old 01-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

The word is, the Ford Fusion Hybrid is being built (worked on) right now.
I was asked to take a survey on desired features for it.
It will be here late 2007... pretty sure...

I also get a kick out of the "generates energy" commerical... but I smile, as Ford probably does knowing the Hybrid is just around the corner.

As you know... the Hybrids really don't "generate" anything.
They just waste less and recycle more.

But yes... I know what you mean... and I almost think Ford worded that commercial that way on purpose.

-John

Old 01-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SomervillePrius
I think the fusion is probably one of the better cars in it's class and can def. compete with the Altima and Corrolla...
The only problem with that is the Fusion is suppose to compete with the Camry and Accord, not the cheaper priced Altima and Corolla. I think the Fusion is a great car though. I haven't drive any of them but I would think the Fusion competes well with the Camry and Accord, certainly does on paper and in the looks department for me anyway (I think it looks really sharp).

I sure hope their Fusion hybrid is a four cylinder like the Camry hybrid and not a V6 like the Accord hybrid.

Old 02-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Enthusiast

Too little, too late to save Ford.