Sync - the usual from Microsoft

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sync - the usual from Microsoft

Originally Posted by Staber
I won't bore all of you with the details. If you have ever done the updates from Synymyride and the whole clunky time wasting process don't you just sense this is par for the course for Microsoft? Wonder why they can't push the updates and such TO your car silently in the background instead of you having to...well. you know the steps. It is as if you and I have nothing else better to do. I bought the frikkin Fusion to drive and enjoy, not to download, run to the car, install, reboot, run back to the computer, upload, to confirm like a frikkin pampered spoiled high maintenance "other" in a relationship! This is just one more piece of intrusiveness in an already cluttered life! Even the bozos where I got my 5000 mile checkup didn't touch the unit for a vehicle health report. Why do I sense that if this was an APPLE based system all of this would be pure intuitiveness to be 100% customer and user friendly.
Hmm, it all worked well for me, on the first try, updates, vehicle health reports and all. Plus the bonus 3 year turn by turn voice navigation was something I hadn't expected. You can also just ride and enjoy it, and use Sync for plug n play features you won't have to learn or deal with. After the initial set up 5 months ago, I just use it and enjoy it. I'm just tickled it all works well, including blue tooth audio off my cell, hands free blue tooth calls, directions, business contact, etc. Perhaps my sentiment is very skewed because I am an MS Flight Simulator-aholic, and THAT, is what takes some time to set up properly

How's your ticker? That's some intense heat I'm picking up! I know, cause I've been running around in a rolling boil for about a month now!