We Did It

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default We Did It

Well ordered our new Black Fusion Hybrid with the 502A package. Since we had no trade I emailed about 10 dealers in my area and a few came back with invoice price. I took one to my local dealer to see if he was willing to at least match or come close and he matched it. We ordered it this afternoon. We figure with all the cars gone in the Cash for Clunkers that it could take 10 weeks or more. Main thing is we got in on the $1700 tax credit, plus all state and local taxes and excise taxes are supposed to be deductible too on the Fed. taxes next spring. Since wifes lease isn't up till Jan. I hope we get it about first week of Dec. so we can have time to put it through its pases before she turns in her STS. Now the wait begins.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: We Did It

Congratulations! You ordered your car the same day that I picked mine up. The cash for clunkers messed up the works for me since I was supposed to get my car a couple of days earlier. They announced the end to the cash for clunkers and the dealership had a rush. The dealer was unable to pick up my car from the other dealership since they were so busy.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Enthusiast

Good move dog ! Ask your dealer to cash your deposit check - get lots of paperwork to show the IRS for your $ 1700.00 hybrid credit

Old 09-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

All you need to keep to show the purchase date is a copy of your dated purchase order. I would ask for a copy of the DOR to keep with your tax records, as that should have your name on it, exactly what you ordered and the date the order was accepted by Ford. Make sure they verified your order (faxed a copy of the purchase order and your driver's license to Ford).

ENJOY

Old 09-25-2009, 05:29 AM
Enthusiast

Just got off the phone with Ford for a update. Lady said it was built and has left the plant and in the hands of the shipper. NOt quite 4 weeks for a Hybrid. With the Cash for Clunker program depleting the stock pile of cars we never thought it would come through this fast. She said the dealer should have it by the 12th of Oct.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Enthusiast

Don't forget to put extra air in the tires.

Bob

Old 10-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Enthusiast

Whatever the book calls for as we aren't interested in that last little bit of mpg as we can well afford the gas, we want a better ride. Just got off the phone with Ford and our car is off the train in Ohio and going by truck to Mi. with a 10/4 delivery which is Sunday so I'm thinking Monday or Tuesday.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Enthusiast

Picked it up Monday and having a ball.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Enthusiast

If you dont mind me asking, how long from order to delivery did it take to get your vehicle? I ordered mine Oct 8th, and dealer told me 10-12 weeks. A different dealer told me 8-10 weeks... i contacted the dealership today who stated the vehicle is "in the order bank" and should "maybe be 4 weeks till production and 4 weeks to get it from Mexico, no more than 3 months"

I ordered the same as you it appears: 502A , navi, sony sound, moon roof, tuxedo black. I cant wait! my test drive of a 501A was so much fun, i can only imagine what the "loaded" version is like!

From searches on the internet it appears the actual building of a vehicle takes about 24-36 hours lol

Sorry for the long first post...lol

Old 10-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Enthusiast

Ordered on Aug. 27th and it was at the dealers late in the day after they closed on Sat. Oct. 3rd.

Quick Reply: We Did It

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands