Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Camry Hybrid MPG

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Default Re: Camry Hybrid MPG

Any info on the procedure of taking the pole out of the 12V, if you need to leave the car for some days.

Won't this effect the smart key system? I looked in the manual on the emergency key system, but we just have the magnetic/electronic key, based on the battery for performance.

Thanks for all the advice.

Barbara

Old 05-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Camry Hybrid MPG

I don't have my Camry hybrid yet but if it uses a AGM 12 volt battery there is nothing special about that. If you want to replace the battery just get an Odyssey battery, they make 12volt AGM batteries in a ton of differant sizes for cars, trucks, motorcycles etc. There is nothing special about the Toyota battery, it will be a standard 6 cell AGM just like anything else. If you want to have something that will charge it well get a DC power supply off ebay...Mastech 3020e I think its called. Works perfectly as you can set the voltage to whatever you want (14.5 is best) and it will adjust the current once it hits that voltage in order to hold it there. They are like $200 I think. It will only do 20 amps so its not a super fast charger but it works great on these batteries.