General EV Discussion Discuss electric only vehicles (Tesla, Volt etc.)

Help! Lease company are trying to charge me £80 for callout

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 10:31 AM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Help! Lease company are trying to charge me £80 for callout

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm in a bit of a predicament and was hoping to get some advice or insights from the community.

In May, I encountered an issue with my Kia E-Niro after leaving it attached to a public charger overnight. The 12v battery was drained when I tried to retrieve it in the morning. The lease company is now attempting to charge me £80 for an AA callout, attributing the problem to user error.

However, I spoke with the AA patrol person who verbally advised that the issue was likely due to a software glitch, as it had occurred before with the same charger. They mentioned nothing about auxiliary equipment being left on. Can a battery report accurately determine if equipment was left on, or does it only indicate a drain?

Moreover, I find it hard to believe that any equipment was left on, as the car has an alarm system that alerts you. Has anyone else faced a similar situation or have insights into how I can dispute this charge with the lease company?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.