20,000KM in Four Months Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 20,000KM in Four Months Issues

My 2008 Tahoe with about 45,000km had the tab on rear defrost come off window - dealer fixed it during one of the recalls and was at the dealer for the second recall. Otherwise, no other problems. The airflow issue bothers me, the doors failed to unlock one time (but I blame that on the lockpic), and the tailgate rear shocks need help to fully extend - I will show the dealer that before the warranty ends. Overall, I am very pleased with this vehicle. In my opinion, Americans (and us) make the best vehicles. I'm sure glad I don't own a Toyota and that no one in my family does.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Canuck
the doors failed to unlock one time (but I blame that on the lockpic),.....
it can be the lock actuator. if it is still under warranty they will replace it for free.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I agree Canuck it's the best vehicle I have owned. I buy American and Canadian as well.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey kklein,

I've been stirring the pot over at the Toyota forums. I just can't help myself!

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...tml#post218108

Old 02-04-2010, 04:14 PM

Canuck,
I love it!!!!!!!!!! First Class!!!

Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It's great having a Canadian defending US autos (even though a lot of them are made up there). Where are the patriots anymore??? I cannot imagine purchasing a Japanese car. We bought a new 1999 Honda Accord and it lived at the dealer. The drivers mirror actually just fell out while I was driving. The MANUAL transmission exploded at 13k miles, and this was an anemic four cylinder. The mechanic at the dealership said our accord was made in Japan, and those were the worst ones. He said the US made ones had fewer issues.
I own nine cars (I've owned well over 100) and none are Japanese. We rarely see our dealer, and we never, ever are left stranded. My 2005 E320 TDI left us stranded many times. I have never had any decent (being bough for more than $3k) GM product leave me stranded, even if there is a problem, they always manage to limp me home. Heck, my wife's 1999 STS she had would go 50 miles without coolant, if needed. There is a sense of something more than "the cheapest way" in GM powertrains, and I appreciate that. My kids make a game of counting foreign vs. American cars on the side of the road, and they find many more foreign cars (well, being SoCal, there are statistically more foreign cars) by a large margin. We don't count British cars, as that would screw up the numbers...

Since my Subaru was bought at auction well under my $3k limit, I won't say it was a disappointment (low expectations) and the 10 or so times I had to push it were all finally found to be a wire to the fuel pump. Of course, the idiots ran the wire under the rear seat, so the seat frame crushed it into the floor pan. Not a brilliant routing of a critical circuit. And it was a factory routing.

Last edited by fjungman; 02-05-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:37 PM

Fgungman,
I agree I have too many friends who work for GM. I started with two Fords and now have owned many GM products, not including a small collection of GM's I have.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:12 PM

26,000KM and No additional issues.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Administrator

never owned american. owned MB, lexus, honda and mitsubishi until now.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, the priuschat folks certainly gave it to everyone that gave them grief over their treehugging Big Car/Truck prejudice. But I think Toyota stepped up to the plate and is at least attempting to do the right thing. Prior to the media frenzy, they only had 11 reported unexplained acceleration issues (out of millions of units sold) and 2 deaths...one of those was cleared as something other than the mechanical failure last week here in Texas by Texas authorities (not by Toyota). On the other hand, GM came to the plate last week and announced 1.3 million compacts to be recalled for electronic brake booster failures. Over 1500 reported instances and 150 deaths. Maybe they stepped up because of the heat that Toyota is getting...ya think??? All numbers approximate here. I own both and I have owned Hondas. I am a huge fan, did I tell you...I am a huge fan of Chevy trucks and GM has gotten their act together throughout their product line. But the Toyota and Honda you are now talking about is good American folks that earn their living in plants in this country building a high quality product that is nothing short of great. So I give you the right to your opinion over choice, and isn't it great to have a choice, but that is where I stop. Most of this Toyota crap is just that...crap. Media sensationalization has taken product liability to a point where people with debt can just go out, have a wreck and claim unintended acceleration and walk away from the vehicle. This thing in California...the guy ought to have his license taken away for being stupid. And someone ought to put a muzzle on the media. Even all the posts about it by people...they just don't know any more than folks or the media understands the 2 mode. Remember the brake complaints on here? Nobody believed the guy and maybe with reason, but when the second one showed up saying 50-60 complaints were listed with his dealer? Hey, if you have a car that acts up, your going to hate that. But if the guy is right about the brake complaints, then our 2 modes are next on the recall list. I have nothing wrong with my Prius but just found out this morning that it will get a recall that is in the works just because of all the press and Toyota is paying for all of it. Did I mention that Toyota replaced BOTH of my HID headlights when one failed at 95,000 miles and the bulbs are only warrantied to 36K...so again, who stands behind what and who is responsible... Also, who is American and who isn't? I consider my friends and neighbors on both sides of the US as just that, friends and neighbors, so this isn't an attack...just asking why you would push when your brother may be drowning?

Quick Reply: 20,000KM in Four Months Issues

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands