2008 Yukon/Hybrid/buzzing noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Yukon/Hybrid/buzzing noise

I have a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado and had the same noise as refered to in the video, scared me the first time and I was in the drive thru, thought I lost a pump. This will be my first full winter, as I purchased it in the beginning of 2012. Love the mileage, drove from Eastern Plains of Colorado to Grand Junction, CO over the divide this weekend and average was 20.5 mpg (cruise was set at 5 over posted). I love the power.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Jon, please don't hesitate to send me a direct/private message if you would like me to investigate further for you at any point. I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing these Silverado concerns as well!

Katie
GM Customer Service

Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Katie,
I haven't heard from you for months now regarding this issue.as you promised to investigate this issue and get back to me.no positive feedback was received.
I sent the video that was received by GM Tech department, and still no official reply from Customer service or GM.
This issue has to be addressed and all customers should be aware of it.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

katie, i'd like to know if this noise is normal or not as i have a 2013 tahoe hybrid bought new. thank you.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Guss
Katie,
I haven't heard from you for months now regarding this issue.as you promised to investigate this issue and get back to me.no positive feedback was received.
I sent the video that was received by GM Tech department, and still no official reply from Customer service or GM.
This issue has to be addressed and all customers should be aware of it.
Guss, I'm really sorry to hear that! My records show I send you a reply on 4/16, so I apologize for whatever error occurred on my end of things that prevented you from receiving this! I will send you a direct message directly after this post. Please let me know if you do not receive anything from me by 11am EST this morning!

Originally Posted by CYKBC
katie, i'd like to know if this noise is normal or not as i have a 2013 tahoe hybrid bought new. thank you.
CYKBC, would you mind sending me a direct message with the last eight of your VIN? Then, I'm able to research your particular hybrid to see if I have access to any current information that is relevant to your concerns. Thanks in advance!

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service

Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

JonBoy,
If you check the threads, you will find a thread I started with a link to a video, with the sound, plus an explanation of the reason behind it based on my local dealer.
hope this helps since GM still cannot find a solution of the issue.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GM Customer Service
Guss, I'm really sorry to hear that! My records show I send you a reply on 4/16, so I apologize for whatever error occurred on my end of things that prevented you from receiving this! I will send you a direct message directly after this post. Please let me know if you do not receive anything from me by 11am EST this morning!

CYKBC, would you mind sending me a direct message with the last eight of your VIN? Then, I'm able to research your particular hybrid to see if I have access to any current information that is relevant to your concerns. Thanks in advance!

Best,

Katie
GM Customer Service
Katie,

I hope you guys can provide a substantive summary of the noise issue. It is very loud and people new to the car think something is wrong with the vehicle. It gives the public the wrong impression that the hybrid models have oddities.

PM sent with VIN. Thank you.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Katie kindly looked up my vin but as predicted didn't find any records about this issue.

Not sure how much more we can share with gm. It is the exact same noise as shown in the YouTube video posted very early on in this thread.

I've had it happen once to me. Is this noise normal or not?

Old 11-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The buzz is "normal" in that many 2 Modes do it if you drive the correct speeds and times on the right temperature day.

It does not appear to hurt anything. However it is annoying and needs to be fixed even if for no other reason than to get rid of the buzz.

Eventually there will be a fix rolled out to dealers, even if they can't make it happen.