2008 Yukon/Hybrid/buzzing noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2008 Yukon/Hybrid/buzzing noise

2008 Yukon Hybrid is making an loud buzzing noise when autostop kicks in after being driven at highway speeds. Once I come to a stop, autostop engages, loud buzzing noise last for 20-30 seconds, the buzzing is loud enough to hear in the car next me and also I can feel the buzzing vibration through out the truck, appears to come from back. Car appears to run normal otherwise. It started with is doing it every so often, but now does it all the time after driven highway speeds only. Dealer said nothing wrong, yet my truck was not like this when purchased. I've heard it could be the battery fan for the Hybrid. Dealer admitted that with Hybrids they can't do a "trial by error" and switch out parts to try and fix since Hybrid parts are expensive. They yet to duplicate, but I don't think they are testing it at high speeds.

Any idea's?

Old 11-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Administrator
Default Re: 2008 Yukon/Hybrid/buzzing noise

the hybrid has a lot of funky noises that I consider normal. no driveability issues though.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:59 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default things that spin....

IOW could it be the AC compressor or power steering that are both run electrically and could go out of balance?

Old 11-28-2011, 09:32 PM
aka soulsea

I remember seeing this video a while back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkz24zsseWc

Is it the same noise?

Old 11-29-2011, 01:14 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Serge,
Thanks for sharing the link which I posted few weeks back in another forum.
Yes I get this noise in my Tahoe after a 20 min drive or so in Autostop mode , but it is the auxiliary pump issue the comes out from the front of the vehicle not rear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkz24zsseWc

Anyone else have this noise as well or is it just me?

Thanks

Old 11-29-2011, 05:57 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HyHoe
I remember seeing this video a while back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkz24zsseWc

Is it the same noise?

I believe it is.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:59 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Guss
Serge,
Thanks for sharing the link which I posted few weeks back in another forum.
Yes I get this noise in my Tahoe after a 20 min drive or so in Autostop mode , but it is the auxiliary pump issue the comes out from the front of the vehicle not rear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkz24zsseWc

Anyone else have this noise as well or is it just me?

Thanks

I think that is the same noise I'm getting, did your buzzing sound stop after 20-30 seconds? Where you able to get the dealer to replicate and fix? Thanks

Old 11-29-2011, 06:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

no it doesnt stop after 30 seconds, but the volume drops somehow.
Didn't take it to the dealer yet, since I was told by some qualified members of this forum, that it is the Auxiliary pump, and GM are aware of it, but it does no harm.
Planning to take it to dealer in the next oil change.
If you manage to take it to dealer and get more info, I would appreciate sharing it with us.
Thanks
Guss

Old 11-29-2011, 07:11 AM
aka soulsea

Hi gabe,

Yeah this isn't my truck, it's guss' ...

Guss, that sounds pretty awful to me ... hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds but you might not want to wait till next service to have the dealer see it.

Cheers!

Old 01-30-2012, 07:13 AM
Enthusiast

Hello Guzz-

I wanted to follow up and see if you had your Tahoe Hybrid serviced yet and any fix to this buzzing noise?

Quick Reply: 2008 Yukon/Hybrid/buzzing noise

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands