back from 4 weeks in Europe and...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 01:49 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default back from 4 weeks in Europe and...

the Yukon, after sitting unused for 4 weeks started right up! never missed a beat.... I did notice that the engine, which usually shuts down at stops after driving a few blocks, stayed running. I believe it was topping up the 300 volt and after driving for 15 minutes it was totally back to normal, shutting off at stop lights etc.
This is a truly remarkable vehicle that works as described! thanks GMC...

Old 11-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: back from 4 weeks in Europe and...

Hey Jet 1 did you buy a new Jet over there or go to any Aviation Museums???????

Old 11-12-2009, 03:23 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default Re: back from 4 weeks in Europe and...

Originally Posted by kklein
Hey Jet 1 did you buy a new Jet over there or go to any Aviation Museums???????
I looked at an L-29 and an alpha jet.. ..key word LOOKED.....the L-29 was pretty affordable but by the time I imported it etc etc it wasn't cost effective. The Alpha was, like the L-39 pretty cramped. the cockpit is not really comfortable for long flights. Didn't really go to any aviation museums as this was my wife's trip as we went a few years ago and she got sick so I canceled the trip and came home. I am now done with Europe for the immediate future...it is the world melting pot...it is FULL to the brim...and its on high simmer ready to blow at any minute!

Old 11-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Smile Re: back from 4 weeks in Europe and...

Nice pictures, I agree with Europe being the melting pot and ready to boil over. I have been Looking Keyword at importing a T2C or A-4 into Canada. I like the A-4. I am going to see the A-4 next week and will post some pictures. On another note was at an airshow in Cleveland several years ago and the Blues were there as well. Well I lost the right engine during the show, the Blues were right there willing to help me anyway they could. Great team and guys.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:07 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default is it a TA 4J?

I know there is at least one TA 4J scooter in civil registration in the US and I heard it was for sale. I like the two seat scooter as its more fun to fly with someone (read A&P with fast mover credentials!}

Old 11-13-2009, 01:16 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

JEt and K,
I saw this video on the net, and was wondering if it is true or just a haux, since I don't understand how the camera was following the jet so close? it could be computer genrated.
I thought I would share it with the experts on this forum and get some real feedback

http://www.youtube.com/user/kt088#p/a/u/0/RBTlzZIqGDo

Old 11-13-2009, 02:28 AM
Thumbs up Re: back from 4 weeks in Europe and...

Yes Jet 1 it is a TA 4J two seat, I think that the single seat was called the Skyhawk? Long nose gear. I think that this was used for Carrier Quals? The Blues had them for a few years after the Phantoms and before the F/A-18s? Looks like a great ride, well we will see in a week, I am llooking forward to flying it.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Guss
JEt and K,
I saw this video on the net, and was wondering if it is true or just a haux, since I don't understand how the camera was following the jet so close? it could be computer genrated.
I thought I would share it with the experts on this forum and get some real feedback

http://www.youtube.com/user/kt088#p/a/u/0/RBTlzZIqGDo
Hi Guss it is good computer imagery, more than likely from a game.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Enthusiast

Guss,

That is from Microsoft Flight Simulator......

Jet,
We still use the hawker hunters out here for a few things, and i think flight international has a few alpha jets running around...

here you go Guss, (my toys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fmQ8NCQ1I4

Old 11-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

nice

Quick Reply: back from 4 weeks in Europe and...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands