Battery needs Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2022, 10:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Battery needs Replacement

also has trouble starting from autostop when you try and crank it (From D to m4) it tries for like a quarter of a second then nothing.. it took 5 tries then it started..
I have a weird issue THE SUV it will not go over 25MPH it keeps doing a FORCED braking regen. (I can see the re-gen animation on the screen)
I press the gas but it starts braking instead... the more i press the gas the more braking it does or stall out.
it's like i got two brake peddles

i'm not getting any codes or pending codes

battery is the original factory battery from yr 2008.. [note it's 2023] 109K miles

the auto stop failures and random stall outs started last month when it started getting cold out

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 12-24-2022 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2022, 08:33 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Battery needs Replacement

Hey there.
My chevy 2009 Tahoe Hybrid is being doing almost the same thing, but mine just does not turn off on auto stop, it continues running and when I press the gas, stall out
and feels like it doesn't have enough power to take off. It was doing that once every two weeks for the last past two years, but no codes until last week. While I was approaching a stop light it stopped very hard and cut off. Then I turned on and the check engine light stayed on, so I run my scanner on it and these two codes appear: P0AC4(Powertrain control Module) ... P061B (Control Module). I don't have much knowledge about it and how much the repair will cost. Before I take it to dealership just wanted to share and see if anyone has a tip or some advice. Thanks

Old 12-29-2022, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jc2009
Hey there.
My chevy 2009 Tahoe Hybrid is being doing almost the same thing, but mine just does not turn off on auto stop, it continues running and when I press the gas, stall out
and feels like it doesn't have enough power to take off. It was doing that once every two weeks for the last past two years, but no codes until last week. While I was approaching a stop light it stopped very hard and cut off. Then I turned on and the check engine light stayed on, so I run my scanner on it and these two codes appear: P0AC4(Powertrain control Module) ... P061B (Control Module). I don't have much knowledge about it and how much the repair will cost. Before I take it to dealership just wanted to share and see if anyone has a tip or some advice. Thanks
I needed to make sure

I got a code ....

Battery module Resistance High EOL: P0A80 High module resistance..

P061B means the battery is going bad that is what i got tell i got the P0BBD (pending) (but deleted ) now got the real code P0A80

Old 12-30-2022, 06:29 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

Hey there.

99% sure your hybrid battery is toast. there's services like green bean and stuff that will come to your house and replace it with what should be good referbed cells from priuses and give you a warranty.

lots of diy ways to go about it too if you like to work on things. you can also order a new one thru the dealer but they are costly and most have a bad experience at dealership repair shops because they know zero about these trucks and don't actually want to work in them. if a dealer has 50 mechanics, 1 or maybe 2 are trained on hybrid cars, they can't force techs to learn this stuff and it doesn't pay any better than the normal repairs they can do in less time then the book pays. that training is for new ones, they haven't built these in years and at very low numbers before it was common. yours will mostly like be the first one anyone in the shop will have seen in person.

that said, it seems about 75% of all the issues these trucks have is the undersized hybrid battery basically sourced from the factory that makes the old Gen prius battery but with a few more cells and gm software ran them hard trying to get some return on fuel consumption. the heavy trucks eat them up and because of the price, most owners are very reluctant to replace the battery when it's needed.

if you're into diy at all and want to confirm your battery is in bad shape, read thru this thread and follow up there

https://electricvehicleforums.com/fo...results-31736/

it's a 20$ obd2 reader from Amazon and a few hours of your time to get used to using the 5$ app to see the battery data form your truck. but again, it's always the battery lol.

Old 12-30-2022, 07:53 AM
Enthusiast

Hey there.
I have been researching info videos on you tube, google, here and I have come to the conclusion that I could try to go cheap on it and struggle with it pretty soon again or get a new one and get over it and continue enjoying my chevy Tahoe. It just got to 150,000 miles, the engine still in good shape and I think will be worth it to replace old battery with a new one. Thank you for your time and your information.

Old 12-30-2022, 07:59 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tahoe_08
I needed to make sure

I got a code ....

Battery module Resistance High EOL: P0A80 High module resistance..

P061B means the battery is going bad that is what i got tell i got the P0BBD (pending) (but deleted ) now got the real code P0A80

your battery has been struggling for what seems like 2 years. can you post some logs from torque pro. I've love to see what the battery voltage is doing during all this.

my theory on the gas pedal being the brake is that from what I've seen in the data gm is using the electric motor for acceleration enrichment, eliminating the need for the efi version of the old carb pump shot of fuel when you hit the gas. the sae papers used to easy to find on Google, but Google results are all based on the amount of money paid in for the order of results and mostly useless over the last 5 years or so. but basically Ae is for intake wall wetting that will cause a lean condition when you open the throttle blades quickly, intake vacuum reduces, so to cover that AE enrichment sprays extra fuel for a split second, and when you let off the vacuum spikes high for a second and the ecm goes into DE so you don't get the rich spike. looks to me like gm is using the electric motors to help with the initial tq you get from the accelerator pedal torque request and using that to be able to move the throttle blade slowly to avoid the waste of fuel AE pump shot is without the driver feeling like the peddle is laggy.

that's what I see anyways while driving around and watching how the battery current is being used.

Old 12-30-2022, 08:04 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

Hey there.
I have been researching info videos on you tube, google, here and I have come to the conclusion that I could try to go cheap on it and struggle with it pretty soon again or get a new one and get over it and continue enjoying my chevy Tahoe. It just got to 150,000 miles, the engine still in good shape and I think will be worth it to replace old battery with a new one. Thank you for your time and your information.

that's what I did, I like the truck and while I didn't got oem, I went with a more untested battery packs for my own curiosity and didn't mind the risk, I didn't really want to deal with the referb stuff, even thou some have great results.

I believe I've read guys say you can order that battery thru gm parts direct for like $4k with a 1k core charge and some dealers might fight you on ordering it, saying it's looks like this discontinued, but if they place the order it will show up and be new. as I understand the factory is still up and running making their cells for Toyota.

Old 12-31-2022, 04:41 PM

what is the warranty on a 4k battery

Old 01-01-2023, 12:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
that's what I did, I like the truck and while I didn't got oem, I went with a more untested battery packs for my own curiosity and didn't mind the risk, I didn't really want to deal with the referb stuff, even thou some have great results.

I believe I've read guys say you can order that battery thru gm parts direct for like $4k with a 1k core charge and some dealers might fight you on ordering it, saying it's looks like this discontinued, but if they place the order it will show up and be new. as I understand the factory is still up and running making their cells for Toyota.
Primearth EV Energy (formerly Panasonic EV Energy) makes the six cell modules, which are still being installed in new models today. Toyota owns 80% of Primearth, and Panasonic owns 20%, so yeah... Toyota is still making Toyota modules. Toyota makes the GM battery in its entirety, but only if GM orders it from Toyota.

Old 01-04-2023, 09:08 AM
Enthusiast

I just had mine replaced by Green Bean $2780 w/tax I run the Torque APP and charge/discharge across the packs is perfect. Dude came to my work and installed it in the parking lot. Took about 1 hour including test drive.

Quick Reply: Battery needs Replacement

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands