Dirty Looks at the Fresh and Easy

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Enthusiast
Question Dirty Looks at the Fresh and Easy

Morning Fellers!!

Have any of you gotten the "Snob" treatment from Prius owners? I was at the fresh and easy the other day (CA Grocery Store) and they have reserved Hybrid parking. So I parked there. I got my stuff and came out there was a dude in his Prius parked beside me. He proceeded to "Remind" me that this was hybrid only parking. I non chalantely pointed to the "2 Mode Hybrid" on the side of the Tahoe. He then stated, "Well that's not a REAL hybrid..." I ignored him from there on and got in the car and left.

Anyone else have any incidents like this?

Old 05-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Dirty Looks at the Fresh and Easy

That's a good reason to back into your spot so you can pull out in all electric (assuming the engine is warm enough.)

Old 05-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Not yet. But that is funny.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:56 AM

As a fellow hybrid owner, '03 HCH1/'10 HIH2, I have to confess that I used to make fun of the SUV/PU Hybrids.

But after thinking it through, and after watching a 6'3" co-worker squeeze into my Insight, I realize the simple truth is that not everybody can drive a small car. Some people are just too big, have big families or need a bigger vehicle for work. Hell, I consider myself lucky I can get away with a small vehicle, which of course gets (at least) twice the mileage of even the Hybrid version of the Tahoe.

So next time you have to deal with a stuck-up small hybrid owner, just continue to ignore them. Or better yet, point to your Hybrid badge and just tell them, "Peace, brother"

Old 05-27-2009, 05:02 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default I use that as a chance to

re edumakate them....most people are lemmings and just follow around mindlessly with the pack. they never bother to actually READ information and UNDERSTAND it. Top gear took a prius and ran it with a BMW 5 series around their test track at a steady speed....BMW conventional IC car got better mileage than the prius....

Old 05-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Not a real Hybrid? You should have said he does not have a real-ota --- he has a Toy-ota.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast

Put the Prius in the back of your Tahoe and drive it down the road while he watches!

Old 05-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast

Sfarris...

THAT, Sir, was funny as hell!!!!!
: shade:

Old 06-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Anybody know of a wrecked Prius (I guess that would be a Prius-of-sh**) in or around SoCal? I am taking the family across country in the Tahoe and I don't have room for the gear. I though the back half of a prius would make a good trailer. It is a hatchback and I would just weld up the front and add a subframe/hitch. A burned one or a stripped one would be good, I just need the shell and rear axle/wheels. Should be an interesting site going down the freeway. I imagine there are tons of priuses in the junkyard now, I see a lot of them on the side of the road...

Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cygnus9th
Morning Fellers!!

Have any of you gotten the "Snob" treatment from Prius owners? I was at the fresh and easy the other day (CA Grocery Store) and they have reserved Hybrid parking. So I parked there. I got my stuff and came out there was a dude in his Prius parked beside me. He proceeded to "Remind" me that this was hybrid only parking. I non chalantely pointed to the "2 Mode Hybrid" on the side of the Tahoe. He then stated, "Well that's not a REAL hybrid..." I ignored him from there on and got in the car and left.

Anyone else have any incidents like this?
Great story! I love it.

A friend of mine has a Prius, and me and some friends went with him to Costco. We had four people in the car, and when we started loading our purchases into the Prius, we realized it wouldn't all fit. We literally had to drive back with items on our laps, lots of big, heavy items. Many people like to ignore it, but these small hybrids have limitations. Try going to Home Depot, and hauling building supplies home with a Prius.

Michael

Quick Reply: Dirty Looks at the Fresh and Easy

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands