Hybrid two mode future??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid two mode future??

Hope they fixed it, kklein.

One more comment about Two Mode marketing. I think the market is about to come right to the Two Mode trucks: 1. Economy getting incrementally better, meaning 2. people are getting confident to buy vehicles again, especially trucks apparently. 3. Gas prices are on their way back up because people are driving again; worldwide consumption is going up. We're at $3/gallon now, and the business case for the Two-Mode gets better every time gas prices go up. I'm actually annoyed now when I'm driving a standard car and it doesn't autostop in traffic. In about 3 years, other OEMs that still want to sell big trucks in the tough-and-getting-tougher CAFE environment will realize GM was onto something and they will be really, really interested in licensing this system. The old Daimler-Chrysler did, Mercedes did, BMW did. More will follow. Sometimes you have to toil in obscurity while the rest of the world catches up.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Administrator

I noticed the specs of the new porsche cayenne SUV. the regular non-hybrid model has auto-stop mode minus the hybrid EV.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Good wrench fixed the Tahoe #8 Plug wire worn through. Still love our truck!

Old 11-10-2010, 10:08 AM

Ken: was that plug wire one of the high perf ones you had put on? Are the others holding up? I'm considering the plugs and wires on my 8.1L Suburban. 1 mpg would be 10%. 2 mpg would make my giddy.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:43 AM

Yes this was one of the High Performance plug wires aftermarket, not a GM OEM part. I had the routing incorrect.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kklein
Yes this was one of the High Performance plug wires aftermarket, not a GM OEM part. I had the routing incorrect.
What did that cost you to get diagnosed/repaired at the dealer?

Old 11-12-2010, 05:07 AM

No Charge, Customer loyalty

Old 11-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Hybrid two mode future??

Originally Posted by kklein
No Charge, Customer loyalty
Wow, That pretty nice of them for fixing "installed" / "aftermarket" parts.

Hope you gave them a good survey for that.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

One of the big differences I see between the GM two-mode hybrid and something like the Prius, is that it seems the GM has going out of their way to hide the fact that you are driving a hybrid.

With the Prius (and a number of other hybrids), the car gives you a lot of information about it's current state, and that helps you decide how to drive it. This, for the hybrid geek, can result in pretty substantial differences in gas mileage.

In our Prius, when the wife drives it she regularly averages 45 MPG, but when I drive and pay attention to the information provided, I push 60 MPG. So that's a 33% difference which I attribute mostly to having actionable information.

It would be nice to have *some* information on the state of the GM hybrid and perhaps one could do a good job increasing mileage.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LakeSilverado
One of the big differences I see between the GM two-mode hybrid and something like the Prius, is that it seems the GM has going out of their way to hide the fact that you are driving a hybrid.

With the Prius (and a number of other hybrids), the car gives you a lot of information about it's current state, and that helps you decide how to drive it. This, for the hybrid geek, can result in pretty substantial differences in gas mileage.

In our Prius, when the wife drives it she regularly averages 45 MPG, but when I drive and pay attention to the information provided, I push 60 MPG. So that's a 33% difference which I attribute mostly to having actionable information.

It would be nice to have *some* information on the state of the GM hybrid and perhaps one could do a good job increasing mileage.
lol, See my other post i just did to you on your introduction thread. It kind of covers this same thing you are asking about.

Quick Reply: Hybrid two mode future??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands