just found out something about ALL new cars thats distressing

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 12:30 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default just found out something about ALL new cars thats distressing

did you know that our cars as well as MANY others are speed limited to 97 MPH. they didn't tell me that when I bought it. I thought we lived in a country that didn't mandate your ability to do what ever you want (within reason). If I want to drive at 110 on an open freeway its my right to do so. I run the risk of getting a ticket and a very minor risk of getting in an accident....the key here is that I RUN those risks. I might just sell my yukon and buy an old suburban and completely rebuild it into what I had hoped the yukon would be.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: just found out something about ALL new cars thats distressing

Where are you getting that information from, Jet?

Old 06-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Administrator

my evo can manage 170mph easily. 150 is when everything seem liked parked in the road

Old 06-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Jet: The top speed on your Yukie "tug" is based on the tire manufacturer's top speed rating. Sorry but the lowest rolling resistance SUV tire is not rated for 140 mph plus.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:45 AM
FLY NAVY!

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
Jet: The top speed on your Yukie "tug" is based on the tire manufacturer's top speed rating. Sorry but the lowest rolling resistance SUV tire is not rated for 140 mph plus.
except that I do not have stock tires. secondly at 97 mph my fuel pump cuts off .... which has nothing to do with tires.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:46 AM
FLY NAVY!

Originally Posted by fjungman
Where are you getting that information from, Jet?
a highly placed contact at GM and the son of a good friend. I called him and said whats the deal. he told me its chip programming that is almost impossible to change.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Administrator

I thought the escalade hybrid is limited to 110 mph. never tried but it is the same topspeed as all other makes like my honda(pilot) and toyota(LX570) unless you are talking about the german makes. but knowing the bridgestone dueler H/L alenzas are rated for 140mph is nice

Old 06-21-2010, 12:38 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default go out and try it...

Originally Posted by evois
I thought the escalade hybrid is limited to 110 mph. never tried but it is the same topspeed as all other makes like my honda(pilot) and toyota(LX570) unless you are talking about the german makes. but knowing the bridgestone dueler H/L alenzas are rated for 140mph is nice
I would be interested to see if you can get over 100

Old 06-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Administrator
Default Re: go out and try it...

Originally Posted by jet1
I would be interested to see if you can get over 100
never sensed the limiter kicked-in when I was close 100mpg when I had a true emergency. maybe it is too much AFI sensed by your MAP(Volant). if so, then it needs a tune and at the same time you can have the limiter removed.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jet1
except that I do not have stock tires. secondly at 97 mph my fuel pump cuts off .... which has nothing to do with tires.
It's not the fuel pump it's major hybrid systems limiting the torque on the drive line. Throttle, fuel injectors, and electrical drive are all interconnected. The hybrid doesn't know about your better tires. Sorry.

The high speed roll off in power is ALL about stock tire rating. Of this fact I am absolutely certain.

Check with KC135R if you don't believe me.

We can thank the TREAD act for this and the lawyers.

Quick Reply: just found out something about ALL new cars thats distressing

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands