Lawsuit Against GM over my 2005 Silverado Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Lawsuit Against GM over my 2005 Silverado Hybrid

Originally Posted by jmarshall
It sounds like I am out of luck because nobody was injured. I am creating a blog called gmhybridproblems.com and will SEO the pants off of it so that hopefully nobody else will fall into the same situation that I have. GM is getting away with providing extremely unsafe vehicles, bottom line. Oh, and they took a government handout.... really cool people they must be.
Be careful man, you don't want to print stuff that can get you sued for liable. Slander is one thing and hard to win in court but liable is another. You won't be able to prove what you stated above and you could be sued for saying it. So be careful. A blog would not be a place to put this IMO. You could however file a case with the NTHSA and that would be the way to get it out there and actually help people...and get GM involved if this is an issue. Here is their website.
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/
You also are leading people to think that GM's hybrid vehicles are at issue. The 2005 was not a "hybrid" as is known today and your statement calls all of them into question. While GM did market the '05 as a hybrid, it is not a full hybrid and really was only a mobile generator for contractors. That is no excuse for your issue but I think a vendeta against anyone over a used vehicle of that age/mileage, that always told themself that they would never buy American, and when you did, you bought a vehicle with almost 55,000 miles on it. Maybe that vehicle wasn't the best but if that is your only experience and you are making the statement that you are, it may not be your only life lesson learned. I have bought vehicles before with problems and the dealer knew it was trash when he sold it but all in all, I didn't have a leg to stand on. Give thanks no one was hurt, GM is fixing your vehicle at their expense, and you are getting new hybrid parts on a 57K mile vehicle for free.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:03 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default how about "2005 1st generation hybrids"

It sounds like I am out of luck because nobody was injured. I am creating a blog called gmhybridproblems.com and will SEO the pants off of it so that hopefully nobody else will fall into the same situation that I have. GM is getting away with providing extremely unsafe vehicles, bottom line. Oh, and they took a government handout.... really cool people they must be.
the problem I have is I don't know how the OLD system works, but the power brake is an ASSIST on our NEW cars. the brakes can work less effectively but they can't completely fail. now maybe thats not the case in the older car (I doubt it very much however} more importantly a USED 5 year old car is simply that. I have bought a lot of cars in my time ...some of them were crap, but I never asked for my money back.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

His power assist to brakes and steering failed, not the brakes and steering itself. He states that his power was run off of 42V (the hybrid battery). Ours is 12V and if our 12V battery fails, we would lose the power assist and power steering also...but not the brakes and steering. It would be just like the '42 Buick I learned to drive in!

Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

The title of this thread is sure misleading. As I understand it, there is no lawsuit at all.

Just what GM needs - a website bashing its hybrids. Let's sell more Japanese and overseas vehicles and tell our neighbours to get in line for welfare while we bash one exception.

My 2008 hybrid is great and I encourage more people to buy them (who can afford too!) and buy American (and Canadian!).

Old 12-09-2009, 09:13 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by Canuck
The title of this thread is sure misleading. As I understand it, there is no lawsuit at all.

Just what GM needs - a website bashing its hybrids. Let's sell more Japanese and overseas vehicles and tell our neighbors to get in line for welfare while we bash one exception.

My 2008 hybrid is great and I encourage more people to buy them (who can afford too!) and buy American (and Canadian!).
well said. Too many people do not read anything except GM HYBRIDS they do not bother to follow the story to its conclusion and ignore the relevant facts IE 2005 USED CAR. they just lump ALL hybrids together and follow along like lemmings to the cliff!

Old 12-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Enthusiast

Well the title wasnt misleading when I wrote this article. Just to make you happy though, ill change it.

Ive owned nothing but Japanese cars and have had nothing but great experiences.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Canuck
Just what GM needs - a website bashing its hybrids. Let's sell more Japanese and overseas vehicles and tell our neighbours to get in line for welfare while we bash one exception.
You want to talk about welfare? How much money has GM taken from the gov't? Are you confused?

Old 12-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey, I am right on board with you if we are talking bailouts but you better get a grip on who to direct your anger at. You want to blame the manufacturer for a 5 year old used vehicle instead of the dealer that sold it to you? And blame the companies that received bailout money instead of the government programs and bueacracy that gave it to them? And finally you bash a hybrid on a hybrid website...you have a strange sense of direction.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by txav8r
You want to blame the manufacturer for a 5 year old used vehicle instead of the dealer that sold it to you?
I do not believe the flaw in safety is the dealers fault. They didnt design the horrible system, they just sold it.

And blame the companies that received bailout money instead of the government programs and bueacracy that gave it to them?
GM did a horrible job at managing their company. Sure the economy took a dive but there are numerous companies that did not take a gov't handout. The programs and 'bureaucracies' that gave them the money have little to do with yet another GM fail session.

And finally you bash a hybrid on a hybrid website...you have a strange sense of direction.
Uhm yes and I eat Italian food at an Italian restaurant.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

You want to talk about welfare? How much money has GM taken from the gov't? Are you confused?
No confusion here.

GM "took" no money. It was given to them by the government. Hence the word "bailout" not "theft".

I am against bailouts for banks and insurance companies and the US should have let all the banks and insurance companies fail - that was my opinion. Canada/USA did bail out GM and I do not resent paying taxes for that.

What you probably will never understand is that GM failed because of the masses of ignorant people like you who "owned nothing but Japanese cars". You feel "others" are superior to Americans. I can understand why since that is the standard in cultures that are measured by the lowest common denominator. In the end, we are left with "Reality TV" and websites like yours from people like you.

I'm certain I can find you a person who bought a Japanese car and had a bad experience - and much earlier than 5 years and after buying used! Your starting a website over this? Get real. Get a life.

I have owned nothing but American cars and had nothing but good experiences. I'm also more than happy with my Tahoe hybrid.

(Merry Christmas anyway bud)

Last edited by Canuck; 12-14-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Lawsuit Against GM over my 2005 Silverado Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands