Lawsuit Against GM over my 2005 Silverado Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Lawsuit Against GM over my 2005 Silverado Hybrid

Originally Posted by jmarshall
Well the title wasnt misleading when I wrote this article.
That really make sense. Who is the confused person here?

Even when you wrote the article, there was no lawsuit. There has never, at any time, been a lawsuit. When you file papers, you have a lawsuit. Please, please file and serve the papers -- I really hope the costs penalties are severe in your State.

The title is misleading and was misleading when you wrote the article.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Canuck, Mel, Jet 1 Well said. The manufacture can only test in so many environments. I understand I spent several years in Flight test and we would try and test for everything so we thought. However in the operators environment things are different and they complete the final flight test work. It is from them sharing there knowledge and experiences that modifications are completed to the aircraft to enhance its operation,safety,and reliabilty. This forum I believe and correct me if I am wrong is for owners to share there experiences, problems, and fixes s that our great vehicale can just get better.So can you just tell us what the repairs were so that other people can understand what to look for. By the way I buy Canadian and American.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

You are not wrong kklein...and thank you for steering the thread back to the purpose of the forum. I happen to love Chevy (GM) trucks but I also have a Toyota Prius. Matter of fact, I am among thousands of owners with an HID headlight issue that Toyota is only acknowledging on an individual basis. I still love the car and expect that Toyota will learn how to address this in the future. There are many dissatisfied owners and some wanting blood...I think that car is assembled here but is definitely a Japanese car. Oh, BTW, the repair of 2 headlight bulbs on the Prius, $378 to troubleshoot and change the bulbs at my dealer. But if the ECM's had needed replacement too, the bill would have been almost $1000! I believe that Toyota will take care of this repair but I am paying upfront, today as a matter of fact.

GM has made great strides in the evolution of the hybrid powertrain. It is a marval and most of our vehicles, both domestic and foreign, will resemble some version of it in the near future. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Wow! I don't log on for a few hours and this quite forum gets a three-page bomb.
All the Jap vs. US car issues aside (this is now a religious argument, as there is no discernible difference in quality or reliability), I have a serious problem with modern-day whiners.
Shut the F up! Seriously. Does anyone remember driving cars with carbs or early fuel injection??? Do you remember your drivers ed teacher telling you to not start your left turn until you were sure the engine would not stall and leave you stranded in-front of oncoming traffic? Did you not drive cars that required both feet to keep the engine stalling (like my Subaru)? What about armstrong steering? Power steering belts slipping as you rev'd the engine causing the steering to go between full-boost and no-boost in a turn? The engine stalling while coasting up to a light and then having no power-assist to make the stop?
WE HANDLED IT. Man up you whimpy-*** whiners!!!! You don't deserve the machines you are driving! If you can't handle a loss of power-assist in mid-turn, hire a driver that can. You were probably drinking your Latte while playing with your iPhone. Let me give you all a hint: THe machines do not totally fail. All of these systems are redundant (hydraulic brakes) or a direct mechanical linkage to the wheels (steering, e-brake). You will always be able to turn or stop you vehicle (even your prius) if you have a catastrophic loss of power. Throwing your hands up and saying "it was hard" is not a an option. I'm talking about both sexes here, so woman too. My wife drives a '56 Porsche that she occasionally has to push to the gas station. Manual brakes, steering and shifter. Carbs too. She doesn't whine. She dealt with the power steering crapping out on the '61 Caddy. When the power-assist on our '05 Mercedes (what a pile of crap) went out, she still stopped it they way you are supposed to, stand on the brake and push against the steering wheel. She can lock up the wheels without the assist, and she is 5' 1" and 100lbs.

Shhessh. Go sue Apple for the crappy iPhone (3GS is a POS in my opinion) they sold you and stop whining about the amazing vehicles we get to drive in this super-lux society we have created.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Here, here!

Old 12-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

FJ: how about drum brakes and keeping a foot on the pedal in puddles to keep the brake shoes dry so they would work? I picked up a 1966 Corsa and had to remember this. Oh yes. No power steering and No power brakes on that car either.

That said it's amazing how far we have come. We now expect technology to be perfect all the time. We expect our car to save us from our own inattention.

A "dead stick" landing in one of these is less stressful than an aircraft.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid

A "dead stick" landing in one of these is less stressful than an aircraft.
I'll never forget the first time I pushed the throttle forward on short-final to be rewarded with only the sound of the prop feathering (forgot the carb-heat). One time I was glad there was a little runway behind me...

Old 12-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

I love hangar flyin'...

Old 12-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fjungman
I'll never forget the first time I pushed the throttle forward on short-final to be rewarded with only the sound of the prop feathering (forgot the carb-heat). One time I was glad there was a little runway behind me...
Cessna?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 PM

A Cessna 152 at Southern Illinois Airport. It had a broken seat back, so I had no backrest and had to fly the thing and hold the bottom of the dash when pressing the rudder pedals to keep from ending up behind the seat. I was so distracted I didn't run through the checklist and learned a BIG lesson that day (you are NEVER too busy to run through the checklist).

Quick Reply: Lawsuit Against GM over my 2005 Silverado Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands