New to the forum and have an offer on the table.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default New to the forum and have an offer on the table.

Brand new to the forum. Am currently in talks with a dealer on a 08 yukon hybrid with 12700 miles with sunroof and rear DVD and 4 x 4. There asking price is 39,995. The lowest I have got them down to so far is $38000. I plan on counter offering $38000 TT&L out the door. This was the training vehicle for the greater cincinnati area. Just curious to what you guys think about the price. Or should I hold off and keep looking for a better deal? Just curious to what current owners think. Thanks for your time.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New to the forum and have an offer on the table.

Look on Ebay. There are a bunch of low mileage 2wd Tahoe hybrids in Houston. Have the Ebay guy send you a copy of his paperwork and walk back into your guy and tell him to take $5k off or you are headed to Houston. You can live without 4wd (or at least that's what you tell your local dealer). I have a 2wd and unless you are driving in mud or you have a lot of hills to climb come winter, why do you need it? 4wd does not help you stop!

Old 01-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Enthusiast

Well, I called again today to make another offer which I thought was fair, and they wouldn't budge, so I told them to pack it! I will keep looking. The reason I want a 4 wheel drive is because this vehicle will be the wifey's and it makes more sense for her to have a AWD or 4 wd to get up our driveway as well as the street that enters our neighborhood. Thanks for the reply, if you know of a 4wd tahoe or yukon with sunroof and dvd in black, silver or blue, let me know. Thanks

Old 01-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wsumsd98
Well, I called again today to make another offer which I thought was fair, and they wouldn't budge, so I told them to pack it! I will keep looking. The reason I want a 4 wheel drive is because this vehicle will be the wifey's and it makes more sense for her to have a AWD or 4 wd to get up our driveway as well as the street that enters our neighborhood. Thanks for the reply, if you know of a 4wd tahoe or yukon with sunroof and dvd in black, silver or blue, let me know. Thanks
I would think long and hard about getting a 2wd. We''ve had some bad weather and my 2wd is getting around very well. Maybe get a loaner from the local dealer if you have some bad weather right now and testing it out. I would call the Ebay guy and talk with him about 4or 2wd. He is getting 2wd - maybe he can find a 4wd. He's bidding for vehicles on the GM dealer auction site. Depends on where you live - you may want to call the fleet guy at a local dealership if Texas is a pain to go to. He can say no and so can you. I drive by a LOT of dealers to get mine.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

You can't get a factory roof rack on a hybrid, btw, and neither Yakima or Thule are making it easy to have one put on. I am going by the Yakima dealer tomorrow and seeing what's up.

Last edited by ozarkgolfer; 01-16-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Chevy Man

Read through some of the other threads and you will see what a bunch of us paid. Your dealer probably owns the truck for too much to budge for you. As you can see in other threads I paid $32,500 for an '08 4x4 with a roof and DVD and it had 17,500 miles. I know for a fact that the dealer I bought mine from in PA paid $32K on GM auction. I would recommend monitoring Ebay and Autotrader.com (Found mine on Autotrader) like I did and you will come across one.

When I was looking there was a dealer in Dallas that was selling 4x4's with roof and DVD for $34,500 with around 10K miles that I almost went for, but I found mine and jumped on it. These trucks, equipped like you are speaking of, are going at auction for between $31K and $34K from what I hear from my contacts at the Chevy dealer that I used to work for. Most of these trucks are GM vehicles and some might even still have the original M.S.O. My dealer was 6 hours away and he met me half way for no extra charge.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Chevy Man

I need to clarify something in my above post. If you are dead set on a GMC then you probably will not find a better deal without a lot of patience. I was dead set on a GMC, but after talking with my contacts at GM and my former employer I found out that there were a LOT more USED Chevrolet Tahoe's available compared to the limited number of GMC's through the GM auctions. Needless to say, I relaxed my "Must have a Yukon" mentality to an "I'll take a Chevy" mentality real quick. My reasons for preferring the GMC were purely for the appearance of the front end, but the Tahoe has grown on me

Old 01-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Its better to spend a bit more to get what you want. Otherwise you will regret it later.

Buy the Truck, not the deal.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Enthusiast

Ok, well I have found on within 2 hours of me a black tahoe hybrid 4x4 sun roof wo/DVD, but have a family member that can install it for me so that it is covered on the remaining warranty. The price is 33,722. I am jumping on it as it only has 14000 miles. It is black with gray leather interior. Just hoping I can get everything complete to get it this saturday. Dealer won't hold it unless I put down 1k then he will hold for 3 days. Sort of a ***** if you ask me. I am totally committed and will just do my best to get the loan papers finished by tomorrow night if I can get an apointment with the loan officer. Wish me luck. Thanks for the replies.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good Luck!!

Quick Reply: New to the forum and have an offer on the table.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands