New Owner... A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Owner... A few questions

I just installed a lockpick. I can now watch a DVD and turn on my rear camera while driving. I'll have to try to enter an address.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast

Can you give us some details please? How much did the lockpick cost and where did you get it. Also, what was the procedure for installation? Any tips? Thanks!

Old 12-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

I picked it up from http://www.coastaletech.com/ it was the GMX-322

There is a video of the install. Very easy, all Plug & Play. Except for the wire for the Camera. You just need to tap into it from the passenger seat.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Chevy Man

Hello All. My name is Nick and I am the proud owner of a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid with about 18,000 miles on it. I am in Fairfield, CT. I bought my Hybrid used from a dealer in PA, it was a GM rep's car and the dealer bought it at auction so I am technically the first person to have registered the car. Anyway, I though this would be the right thread to ask a question as a relatively new owner.

When I start my truck in the morning and it is cold as well as sitting at idle at a light prior to it being warm enough to go into auto stop mode it feels like the engine is misfiring as the truck shakes in that manner. Does anyone else experience this on their vehicle? My dealer couldn't find anything wrong and claimed it was normal, but I can't imagine the engine stumbling hard enough to shake the truck as normal. It goes away when warm and the check engine light is NOT coming on.

BTW, this forum seems great and I read through all the threads and it was very informative.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have notice that too every once in a while. But only just before it goes into AutoStop. I'll have to check it again when its cold.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Mine does the same thing on cold mornings. It reminds me of when I have the idle set too low on my Corvair.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Enthusiast

Strange. I haven't seen that at all, and I live in Colorado Rockies where morning temps have been below zero. I can say that the beast handles well in the snow, except the front spoiler is a low at hits when you come to minor plow banks.
Some punk just hit my wifes bumper in a parking lot. Broke the tailight and put a dent in the bumper (no body damage). I got an estimate of $1500 to fix. Unbelievable considering the minimal damage.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nicka
Hello All. My name is Nick and I am the proud owner of a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid with about 18,000 miles on it. I am in Fairfield, CT. I bought my Hybrid used from a dealer in PA, it was a GM rep's car and the dealer bought it at auction so I am technically the first person to have registered the car. Anyway, I though this would be the right thread to ask a question as a relatively new owner.

When I start my truck in the morning and it is cold as well as sitting at idle at a light prior to it being warm enough to go into auto stop mode it feels like the engine is misfiring as the truck shakes in that manner. Does anyone else experience this on their vehicle? My dealer couldn't find anything wrong and claimed it was normal, but I can't imagine the engine stumbling hard enough to shake the truck as normal. It goes away when warm and the check engine light is NOT coming on.

BTW, this forum seems great and I read through all the threads and it was very informative.

Last edited by Smitty; 01-04-2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: did not make the entry
Old 01-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Enthusiast

I know what you mean. I just purchased a 2008 Tahoe four days ago and have been experiencing the same thing. I get the same shaking from what sounds like the transmission. Mine comes when the car is warm and I start it from a stop. Please let me know if you hear anything on this issue and i'll do the same. Best

Old 01-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Chevy Man

Truck is in the dealer service dept today for this issue as the check engine light has come on 3 times in the last 10 days or so and I believe it is related. The shaking at idle has become worse so I am hoping that it will be something easy to trace down. With all of the technology and over 35 modules in the car communicating with each other I tend to think it might take some time to figure it out. I will update once I get it back.

Quick Reply: New Owner... A few questions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands