New Owner: Tire Sealant and Compressor Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Owner: Tire Sealant and Compressor Kit

The compressor and tire sealant are stuck together. You'll need to remove the cup holder that's in the rear panel on the driver's side. Sorry but I don't know what that piece of plastic would be called. Anyway, pull out the cup holder and the compressor and sealant are below there. Not sure why they don't make it easier to get to, that cup holder is a ***** to get off (feels like you're going to rip it or crack the plastic panel).

Old 06-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fjungman
There is an electrical plug for the trailer, just to the left of the receiver (square opening for the hitch). There is a black plastic door over the connector.
Correct, but isn't there an adaptor to go from the trailer (which is usually flat), to the truck connection (which is round?)

Old 06-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

You can pick up the adapter to go from the round connector to whatever your trailer has, at an auto parts store or online at Rock Auto. There are many different connectors on trailers, so be very careful when you look at your connector. Is it flat-four, flat-five, where is the ground and are the majority of pins male or female? I picked up one for my flat-four connectors (both of my trailers have the same connector) for ~$10 at Off Road Warehouse. It is a round plug that goes into the connector on the Tahoe and has a socket for plugging in the trailer harness.