New Owner: Tire Sealant and Compressor Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 11:54 AM
'08 Yukon Hybrid
Default New Owner: Tire Sealant and Compressor Kit

Hello Everyone!!

We just picked up a 2008 Yukon Hybrid. Very Nice!!

They had all the books (we think), found us a nav CD and a jack. "Jack you say"? Yes, a Jack. Come to find out we're supposed to have a Compressor Kit!!

What else is missing? What came with yours? There is a cup-holder up front and nothing else LOOKS to be missing but...

Thanks for the help!!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:02 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default if you have the dvd player and overhead screen

...there should be two sets of wireless headphones, otherwise it sounds like you have everything. The front cup holder is a dealer install option.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:09 PM
'08 Yukon Hybrid
Default Re: New Owner: Tire Sealant and Compressor Kit

Thanks Jet, we don't have the DVD player but we do have the sunroof!!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:41 PM
'08 Yukon Hybrid

How can I tell if the jack is the right one? I haven't found one online. Do any of you have a jack? What do you have?

Do you all think I should keep the jack, if it is the right one, and buy a compressor or just go trade the jack for the compressor I was supposed to get?

Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey, guys. I just got back from our local dealer after closing on a deal for a new 2009 Tahoe Hybrid I pick up the truck tomorrow after they detail, etc.

I too am interested in what is supposed to be "in the box". I know I get the NAV DVD, 2 wireless headsets, and ......

I'm definitely going to check the tire sealant and other "non-spare" equipment tomorrow.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:12 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default have them set the on-star up

Originally Posted by CPMS
Hey, guys. I just got back from our local dealer after closing on a deal for a new 2009 Tahoe Hybrid I pick up the truck tomorrow after they detail, etc.

I too am interested in what is supposed to be "in the box". I know I get the NAV DVD, 2 wireless headsets, and ......

I'm definitely going to check the tire sealant and other "non-spare" equipment tomorrow.
I don't use it a lot but its best to get the service established at the dealer as mine caused a bit of trouble (easily fixed but...)

good luck with your new vehicle I still love mine and im getting 22 mpg ave. around town! you will need to relearn how to drive a bit but with the on-board tools (mpg v8 v4 in the speedo, gas/hybrid guage in the nav display, and the econ guage in the instrument cluster) I paid close attention to these at first to get my "butt dyno" tuned in but now the only guage I leave on typically is the v8/v4 instant mileage guage. the econ guage is particularly worthless IMHO.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM
'08 Yukon Hybrid

Congratulations CPMS!

I just got back from the dealership. Gave them the jack back and they are ordering me the Tire Sealant and Compressor Kit I was supposed to get.

You should have the Compressor Kit, the map CD, the books including the Onstar and XM info, the front console's (removable) cup holder and the two wireless headsets (like Jet said, if you have the DVD player).

While I was there I had them run a diagnostic, everything was fine but - I may not have this next part exactly right - I was told that the diagnostic scan itself can cause what is interpreted as a voltage "spike" when it moves from one computer chip to another. He knew what to look for and after the first scan came back ok he went back in and reset whatever needed to be reset.

He also told me the diagnostic he ran is the same one On-Star runs once a month and they will email me with the results. I guess theirs doesn't cause the spikes? It least we don't have to Have the dealership do it.

He also loaded the latest update. The On-Star email is supposed to tell us about updates and recalls. Do they?

For those of us picking up a used Yukon Hybrid, mine is an 01/2008, they had a bad battery upfront (info I found out from reading this and other sites). I had my battery checked and it is not the original so I’m ok there.

Good Luck everyone!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the info Cory. I picked up the Tahoe earlier this afternoon and made sure the sealant/compressor kit were in the back. Funny thing was the sales guy took 15 minutes to find it I already have the bluetooth and garage door opener programmed. I traded in a 2007 Escalade EXT so most of the luxury features on the Tahoe are nothing new to me (except for the bluetooth, hooray). First order of business will be to look for better floor mats and a cargo mat for the back ... who knows what else ...

Old 06-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Enthusiast

I am having the same issues. Where exactly is the compressor and tire sealant? I assume it is supposed to be in the bin in the back on the left. Also, what about with the tow package, shouldn't there be an electrical plug for the trailer hookup? They tried to give me a 2009 Suburban owners manual? Go figure.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

There is an electrical plug for the trailer, just to the left of the receiver (square opening for the hitch). There is a black plastic door over the connector.

Quick Reply: New Owner: Tire Sealant and Compressor Kit

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands