No interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default No interior lights

About the only issue I've come across so far is that my interior lights don't come on when I open the door. I know there is the little dome light button which is supposed to have to lights come on when the door is opened when it is out, and stay off if pushed in, but in either position the lights don't come on. (I can turn them on manually by twisting the ****).

Any chance anyone else has experienced this and tracked down the issue? I assume some wire isn't connected somewhere, or connected to the wrong thing.

Thanks.

Last edited by LakeSilverado; 01-04-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No interior lights

How about the rotating little ****? Can you turn them on with that?

It may be the actual switch. My knees keep bumping that area when I get in and out. I ususlly just put the transfer case in 4 Low and embarrass myself.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes - I can turn them on with the rotating ****.

According to the manual:

Entry Lighting

The vehicle has an illuminated entry feature.

When the doors are opened, the dome lamps will cone on if the dome override button is in the extended position. If the dome override button is pressed in, the lamps will not come on.

In my case, the dome lamps don't come on when the doors are opened regardless of the position of the dome override button. If I twist the ****, I can turn them on manually. It's just a little awkward always having to twist the **** so that passengers can see getting in and out. Seems like someplace in the wiring isn't quite right.

ETA - pushed the button and something in there crunched tonight - and the lights started working. Maybe some little piece of plastic had gotten in the contact. So now the truck is perfect!

Last edited by LakeSilverado; 01-06-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Lake,
The rod/button you twist to turn the dome lights on (and is the dimmer) is not the dome override button. The dome override button is right above that rod. The top half when pressed goes in - press it again and it goes out. The bottom half does nothing. It is poorly explained in the manual and I had the same problem you are having when I first got mine. The dealer had to explain it to me.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:29 PM
a2t
Active Enthusiast

**** I made same mistake in mine. Brother in law shut the dome lights off last time we went to drive in with the kids. I spent 3 weeks in the dark, even got used to no dome light. I had to read manual to find that little button right above the ****! Almost had to give my mechanical engineering degree back to Clemson...