surging

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Administrator
Default Re: surging

Originally Posted by fjungman
That could be the electric motors switching from motor to generator and back.
this^

Old 04-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Enthusiast

True, but I thought that if this was the case, everyone would be experiencing it, hence my post.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Administrator

for awhile I thought the tranny was slipping for such a new vehicle, but understanding that the tranny is a variable electric/auto CVT made me understand and expect it to be. that means it can't do burnouts like a regular auto tranny(has anybody done it?).

Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Actually I'll go for a more simple problem as stated before, plugs, wire plugs, or dirty injectors.......keep us posted for the dealer response.

I try a few with the burnouts, no luck at all, disconnected the traction control, but is not like I can load the "converter"...had a few spins in the dirt and that's about it

Old 01-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Enthusiast

Well, it was more then a few months before I brought it in, but finally did. Turned out it was clutch plates in the tranny. Exact notes from the dealer below. This fixed the issue I was having. Just wanted to post incase someone else experiences this as well.

Extended high speed/expressway driving required to duplicate/diagnose concern. Scan transmission operation w/tech II & found clutch (3) slip speed excessive during engagement. Surge & slip speed would occur at same time. Contact TAC. TAC instructed concern was internal. R&R transmission & disassemble for inspection. Air test 4th clutch (Clutch 3) and found excessive leakage. Remove 4th gear clutch & piston and found piston seal torn and clutches distressed. Replace 4th clutch piston & plates - replace all associated seals, gaskets and snap rings. Flush transmission oil cooler. replace filter & add fluid. Perform extended high speed/ extended high speed / expressway driving. Condition resolved.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

and this happens why?

Old 01-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Enthusiast

I don't get your question. Are you asking why did the clutch plate fail? I don't know and wasn't given a reason for it from my dealer.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, I was asking if there was a reason for it to fail prematurely.

Like something to do with the oil pump, or stress, or something !!!

But it the give you no reason, probably was a Manufacture defect at the assembly !

Old 01-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Check with your dealer. I believe that there is a transmission software update for the older 2 Modes that fixes this clutch 3 issue.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Enthusiast

Glad I found this, my Tahoe is having the same issue with surging. I'll take it in before I have it give out on a road trip. Thanks for posting your results.

Quick Reply: surging

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands