Transmission Hesitation and Stalls

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Transmission Hesitation and Stalls

For the past few months I have been have problems with my Tahoe with the hesitation. Feels like it doesn't know when to sift out of hybrid mode to electric, so afraid it will stall making a left turn at an intersection. Took it to the dealership on the same day for them to look at the loud noise coming from the fan. But nothing was fixed. They can't find the problem and that GMC said there is no fix at this time for the noise. Anyone else having these problems?

Thx
Penny

Old 08-31-2009, 11:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Wenny,

How many miles you have on your yukon, and is it 4wd or 2WD.
Sorry to hear about your problem.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Enthusiast

Guss
I have just over 22000 and it is 4WD. I put in a complaint to the Main Chevy # yesterday. It has already been in twice for the noise, last time was at the begining of August. They said there is no fix for this at this time per GM help line and that I had to drive my car off the lot because it was not causing any driving/safety problems. It is still doing the hesitation jerkyness stuff too.

Penny(wennypood)

Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 PM

Can you describe the noise?

Old 09-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast

It's a loud, almost like a humming, kind of like when you have a motorcycle that you need to shift.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:33 PM

Wenny,
Thanks, is the noise comming out all the time when starting the vehicle, or after driving it for a while?

Old 09-02-2009, 09:50 AM

Well, there are a couple TSBs for noise, but they are all belt-squeals, which don't sound like what you are describing. I find it very hard to believe they won't fix it.
Take it to your local Cadillac dealer. You should find them more accommodating.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Enthusiast

OK, got mine back from the dealer and they did yet another software upgrade that is suppose to fix the problem. I did find that the problem resides with the battery pack that is located beneath the back seat. Turns out they have been having issues with cells in the batteries going dead and that causes the battery not to charge properly and doesn't allow the engine to go into autostop mode the way that it should thus the dramatic drop in milage/gallon.

The second largest problem with the battery is that the battery is one large package and they are costing GM about 5,000.00 + to change them out. The Hybrid that was in before mine got a fresh set of batteries mine did not. If the problem happens again I am going into GM and demand that the battery pack be changed out. I might have to remind them that the Hybrid components are guaranteed for 8 years and 100,000 miles. Another thing on the battery change out, I will not leave my car there for three days while they wait for the battery pack to get there. They can order it and when it arrives, I will drop it off and they can change it out.

One last thing happened, when I went back to pick up the care the valet brought it up and the tire pressure light was on and they stuck a screw in the front left wheel. It wasn't in an area where it could be patched. I took it back the next morning. When they finally finished with it that afternoon...they tried to charge me for it.....we had a little discussion and they ended up eating the cost of the tire.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:28 PM

Carmine,

Thanks for your update, did that fix the transmition hesitation and stall? was the your initial problem?

Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Enthusiast

Gus,

At this time it has taken care of the problem as well as improved the overall performance of the car. Just returned from San Diego and we had. 21.6 mpg.

My concern is that if there is a bad cell in the battery pack than it is just a matter of time before the battery start acting up again and i get to go through the entire drill again.

I will post as to the progress or regress.

cpc

Quick Reply: Transmission Hesitation and Stalls

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands