Old 02-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Volt video

If you have a chance take a look at what the Volt is doing at
www.chevroletvoltage.com/index.php/v

Old 02-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Volt video

Yeah, it almost looks like a real car program, doesn't it? Remember three years ago when everyone said the concept car hardware was vaporware? Battery technology would never make it, it would be a dog when the engine came on, etc. Now they're making the battery pack system (it is a system unto its own) in Michigan, media have driven it in all phases, and they brought a bunch of them to DC for the movers and shakers to drive. Pretty cool.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:49 AM

KC135R its awsome as soon as I can place an order in Canada I will, I have told my dealer to just let me know when, however I am sure lots of people will be in line this is going to be one great vehicle, also. Some of the Canadian and American tax payers need to see this and where there money has gone. It is a great step forward by GM not only in technology but to save the environment, hats off and thumbs up to all the GM Engineers on this project as well as our Hybrid. FIRST CLASS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

You know, this whole thing is really very interesting. I get that giving a corporate giant money from the taxpayers is a bad deal. But, you know, GM was poised with technology in developement to be a forerunner in not only the automotive world but in technology itself. I am sure that they, just like Boeing or any other company that has to design and produce cutting edge products have a huge developement cost that has to be spread over the cost of the vehicle throughout its sales term. As they say, investment is a risk, especially if you overextend yourself. Mixed emotions here. I love the technology and what man has done, it is truly exciting. I think the Volt will be a player in a big way as will the hydrogen vehicle in years to come. Hats off to the guys in the lab coats!

Old 02-02-2010, 10:57 AM

Yes Mel I do agree with the amount of taxpayer money used although i believe it is a good cause here. The Canadian Government did the same with Bombardier and the family ran off with the recreational part of the company, it had the best margin.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Thumbs up Re: Volt video

When you have a chance look at the cockpit video of the volt it is absoultly awsome.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

not sure I found a cockpit video but I looked at everything on the above listed site.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

At first I thought that GM started publicizing the Volt too early, that it would be old news by the time it launched. Then I realized that even though enthusiasts knew all about it long ago, a lot of the country that is only now just starting to realize what it's all about. The buzz is really getting mainstream traction now. If gas creeps back up to $3.50 plus as the summer goes on, the timing will be perfect.

The neat thing about it is the interior looks high-tech, but still "approachable" by the regular person. Some have complained that it's not futuristic enough, but I think they hit it about right.

Guess that's why I'm not in marketing.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:32 AM

KC135R no question I believe that GM has this nailed, now they just need to get Arnold, Oprah, and Obama driving one. The Province of Ontario is just in the process of mandating that all Provincial Personal transportation vehicles must be an EV or Hybrid. Great opperuntity for GM seeing the number they employ in Ontario. MEl sorry the Volt cockpit video was on YouTube www.youtube.com/watch?v=OggAlkpb8, Inside the Volt.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Ken

That link doesn't get a video...it says that it is a malformed video link???

Quick Reply: Volt video

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands