What's that noise?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:37 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default I agree with your "fit and finish" statement!

"I'm very happy with both and after decades of owning nothing but foreign cars and trucks, I'm happy to be supporting US companies at this important time. In fact, the fit, finish, and value in these vehicles is without equal IMHO."

I always have had several cars at a time typically German and usually one American 4wd (jeep) I switched to the YUKON recently and anyone who says America produces second rate cars is full of it. My YUKON is remarkable in construction, and overall quality. Sure you can ge a lemon in any mass produced car my first audi falls into that category, the second however was an unbelievable car. they broke the mold when they built the B5 series S4 it was nothing short of phenomenal. I have also had 2 range rovers in a row and those were good cars but at 100k all the sensors and aux stuff started failing both times. I then switched to jeep and my last one was a 5.9 GC and it was a serious fast fun 4WD! The range rovers were so under powerd you needed to drive a stick in the ground to see if you had moved (except off road where they excel!) the jeep would do 90% of what the RR would do but it would also go from 0-60 in 6 seconds! its only flaw was the 11 mpg on premium gas.
The YUKON is the perfect compromise for me, good gas mileage, capable snow and minor off-roading and excellent quality through out. add the 20+ mpg around town I am getting and I couldn't be happier!

Old 03-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What's that noise?

Been there with a RR myself. It was a Supercharged Sport and still slow. The most comfortable and sexy ride but I never got to ride it much...in the shop CONSTANTLY for just about everything from day 1. Traded it for a Lexus after 9 mos. which was night and day in terms of reliability. Those quality rankings where Lexus is at the top and RR at the bottom don't lie!.