HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

I knew it was coming..

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I knew it was coming..

Hey could you kids keep it down over here?

We adults in the HCH2 forum are trying to have a serious discussion.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Very funny...

Old 06-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

I was also toying with the idea of upgrading to the HCH2, except for the navigation system, my car has all I need. I also agree with the colors, what is up with that? Also, why can't the U.S. get some of the cool colors offered in Europe?

Old 06-05-2006, 06:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Don't know about this split. A lot of HCH topics, questions, etc. involve issues common to both generations (hypermiling, IMA, auto-stop, just for starters). Will they stay in the main forum?

Old 06-06-2006, 09:33 AM

Imo, the increased postings in the HCH forum does make it a little harder to wade through it all, but the HCH2 people haven't had TOO many issues come up that we HCH1ers couldn't give a little advice on so far, as far as I can tell. If we really segregate the owners in the forum, you'll be taking the people with experience out of the mix on questions from those poor newbies, so unless we regularly post to both forums, I don't see much of an advantage here. Still, time and this forum march on, so unless it gets seriously unwieldy, I will try to check out both areas for now.

Old 06-17-2006, 04:07 PM

I'm with you tanstaaf14.

I am finding it a hassle to monitor both forums... though I was getting tired of all the "Just got a HCH2" posts and all that clutter. Most of why I read this forum is for general hybrid info of interest to both generations. I don't have that much need for a forum specifically restricted to the HCHI.

Plus, judging by the very small number of threads started in this new HCHI forum, I think it's safe to conclude that it's not that useful.

Perhaps they should have left the original forum alone and created a new one specially for the HCH2 people. They're the ones posting most of the year-specific topics. So why should the newbies get to keep the real forum and the old timers get shrugged off to a new one?

Probably the best solution would have been to leave the original forum a general HCH forum to catch most of the all-purpose posts, and created two new forums, one for HCH1-specific threads, and another for HCH2-specific threads. That way there's still a general HCH forum and topics specific to the year are all on separate forums.

Last edited by zimbop; 06-17-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by zimbop
I'm with you tanstaaf14.

I am finding it a hassle to monitor both forums... though I was getting tired of all the "Just got a HCH2" posts and all that clutter. Most of why I read this forum is for general hybrid info of interest to both generations. I don't have that much need for a forum specifically restricted to the HCHI.

Plus, judging by the very small number of threads started in this new HCHI forum, I think it's safe to conclude that it's not that useful.

Perhaps they should have left the original forum alone and created a new one specially for the HCH2 people. They're the ones posting most of the year-specific topics. So why should the newbies get to keep the real forum and the old timers get shrugged off to a new one?

Probably the best solution would have been to leave the original forum a general HCH forum to catch most of the all-purpose posts, and created two new forums, one for HCH1-specific threads, and another for HCH2-specific threads. That way there's still a general HCH forum and topics specific to the year are all on separate forums.
I agree.

reposting idea for debate in the moderator section.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Zimbop,

An excellent suggestion!

Have a fuel efficient day

Old 06-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Site Founder

Okay, let's try it out and see how it works.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Jason, and fellow moderators! I think this will work very well.

Quick Reply: I knew it was coming..

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands