"1st day Crusing.. ..Signs of Improvemment"

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default "1st day Crusing.. ..Signs of Improvemment"

Yea-Yea Folks,

Check these gauge numbers out ....

.... will hyper status comes next ????

Just take a look at the quaint smugness on this dude's face, will ya ???? lol !!!! The next generation commuter work truck for good ol' NJ. As some have posted, this a very "Fun for the Drive" toy. Hard to imagine why Honda had the ***** of the FM dial able to sound off at 160 watts, huh ???? Tire howl, really now. One could say, "Never really the need to pay all that much close attention".

Seems to me, I am going to have a splendid time refining the mpg's on this little gem.

The first 100. Driven off the lot, and cross the MLPS/St. Paul metro to a favortie haunt of the blue collar labor force in these parts to purchase a new tote-bag for my working tools ( i should now say some of my working tools ). As like the "HCH II" there is to be, how shall we say, a strong downsizing in that dept too, as to how/what I will transport besides the new work boots. Had not the clue going what the mpg's where untill I found myself pushing buttons once the 1:1 was sitting idle in my driveway. Not all to bad consider the lenghts I went on occasion(s) to see how the car manuvered in the passing lane of I-35 S.

The second 100. Well, that started out as a quick jaunt around the block to give our youngest son Max a showing. Seems that was short lived, as we found ourselves taking the scenic-drive down some nice slightly whinding & rolling hills down to Grandmama Gen's, and then dinner in the next small city south with my brother-in-law Gary. The "H-Davidson Guru" was impressed 110%. He said it reminded him of a spaceship, where abouts I had to ask, "What was the name of the one in Lost In Space", lol. This crusie was most intriguing having to watch the 1/10th's do their up & down deal. Funny thing is the way things were cooking, I kinda lost track of my goal to at least improve by a full "1 MPG" when I made full use of the stereo fader ****, lol.

All in all a fantastic mix of lights & sounds, silence was never as golden.

John

p.s. Hate hurt anyone's feelings. Had to past on the threads offered-up at the dealer. Still #1 in my blood is the Mopar angle. Laying the '01 Dakota to rest as a trade-in, meant wearing my favortie piece of garbb for the, "It's been quite awhile since I pushed 80-85 mph Run". And I was still in the door late to get the new set of wheels. T-Shrit just as cool, lol.

Last edited by nitrojohnny; 10-21-2006 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: "1st day Crusing.. ..Signs of Improvemment"

Great post, John, and I'm sure we're all excited to see your enthusiasm ... but you think you are excited now -- just wait until you do a 50+ mile trip and get 50.0+ mpg on the display! It only gets better from here and welcome to the family.

Don't forget to look at the Hybrid Mileage Database, https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage, once you get to that first fill-up (around 500 miles for your first tank).

Old 10-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: "1st day Crusing.. ..Signs of Improvemment"

Darren,

A "Hey" returned bro !!!!

Had to give the hearty chuckle @ the word family. Only 'cause it gave a reminder of one of the many I consider close during the working day. My very good friend/working buddy, Greg Hahn was giving me his/the trip using the word, "Cult", lol.

My optimisum over this new found gadget is not to be shown on just these pgs. Except much of the same as time flows my friend. There have been a few during the daily spin of the whrilpool since I placed the order that had the questions & comments expressed of interest in how these cars operate, including Gregg.

"Back to my new Sandbox" !!!!

John

p.s. incoming mail soon.

Last edited by nitrojohnny; 10-22-2006 at 10:31 AM.