HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

2007 HCH II - MAJOR MELTDOWN ALREADY!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:54 PM
aat
Enthusiast
Question Re: 2007 HCH II - MAJOR MELTDOWN ALREADY!

I appreciate most of your replies, aside from remarks that I need to be on valium. real nice.

This is only the 2nd car I've ever owned, first major purchase (aside from school), so obviously yes, I am concerned about it. My parents had to deal with a nightmere of a lemon car a few years ago, lawyers, litigation, echhh.

It is good to hear that most people on this forum love this car and haven't had major problems yet. Other forums seem to list more complaints. I'll have to wait out the week on it and see what seems like the best approach. I really do want to have another car I can keep for the long haul. I get attached to them. I guess it remains to be seen whether this one gets a name or gets returned.

Any other feedback is appreciated.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 HCH II - MAJOR MELTDOWN ALREADY!

I get where you are coming from. My 06 HCH is also my very first new car purchase and I'd be pretty ticked if it had to be in the shop at all even if I'm not paying for it and have a free loaner car. I'm pretty sure I'll mellow out after I've made enough 5 figure purchases in my lifetime so it becomes old hat. So far mines has been fine for the ~3 months I've had my 06. I'm sure I have the spoiler issue though I haven't checked thoroughly enough to be absolutely sure since mines is silver, but I can't be too ticked about that since the kids in the complex like to use everyone's car as a temporary place to rest their bookbags and shoes on. No serious scratches or dings on it yet but man foot prints on hood/trunk, first thought is someone jumping up and down on your new car!

Old 10-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Energy Independence

No, I do not work for Honda either. And so far, I love my HCH2.

Additional issues that I recall having some airplay on this site are:
(1) Driver's window regulator issue (easily corrected, it seems).
(2) braking "air emmission" or "farting" sound when stepping on the brake pedal. This is intermittent, and appears to occur more frequently on a quick-brake than a gradual one.

Hardly any auto made goes through a single year without many Service bulletins and the occasional recall. It's just the nature of the beast.

The hybridcars website is far less-frequented and has far fewer postings and active members than this one, it appears. Sites that have fewer posters usually wind up being the "complaint" sites. This means you read mostly about just the owners with problems. I like greenhybrid's site for (I think) better balance.
This is NOT to say that the other sites are not useful or relevant, and those with problems certainly should try to get resolution and advertise their problems (that helps us all be better informed).
None of this really helps resolve your current problem. I say let the dealer try to fix it, and go from there. If major problems persist, then press on with the Lemon-law battles, or work with Honda for a better resolution. I just wouldn't get TOO worked up about Honda's supposed lack of reliability. Honda and Toyota did not get to where they are today by selling junk. Do a search on Toyota Camry issues, and I'll bet you can find plenty to get concerned about. (BTW, camryforums is a pretty good site) And you KNOW this is a good car. So is the Honda.
Good luck with your new Honda. I hope they get everything worked out for you. I believe most of us that own them are really happy with our choices.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Proud owner HCHII
Default Another Very Satisfied Owner!

Just over 6000 miles and 7 months - perfect motoring. Have been back to the dealer once - to tell the salesman and the Manager what a perfect car it is and how I love it! No problems of any sort.

Just felt I should add my penny worth! Honda is an excellent company and you will be properly dealt with.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wow, I just read all the scary posts at hybridcars.com. MANY with the same problem. If I had read all that I would've been very hesitant to add my aftermarket heated seats.

HOWEVER, seeing 10 people post about IMA issues certainly does not mean that 10 out of 10 cars will have IMA issues. People with car issues have more of a reason to go out on the web to research or vent about them. It is not representative of the HCHII overall population.

ONE major thing going wrong can make the whole car seem tainted, but give Honda a chance to make it right. Chances are when they swap everything out it'll run perfect for 10 years thereafter.

Good luck and try not to worry!

Old 10-31-2006, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Johnc73
foot prints on hood/trunk, first thought is someone jumping up and down on your new car!
OUCH... and I was all upset because the neighbor's cat decided to climb up and left prints all over my HCHII. I guess I should be thankful it's just a cat.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Enthusiast

I also do not work for Honda...we bought our HCHII in January for its fuel efficent reputation and have not been disappointed. We have never had a mechanical problem and have been averaging 52 MPG. Its simply a fun car to drive!! Hope your problems are resolved and you also are able to apprieciate this excellent car!!!

Old 10-31-2006, 11:45 AM

Pick any car company and you will find that all of them have a history of brand new cars failing on them at one point in time or another. In the case of Honda, it's rare, and now that you got your gremlin out of the way, chances are you won't have it happen again.

Old 10-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Enthusiast

I also bought my 2007 HCH-2 in Bay Area, CA and have put over 500 miles on it and so far I have not experienced any problems! (knock on wood). I wish I bought this car last year, I am very happy with the car.

I hope you get a replacement car, but be glad that this problem is happening now as opposed to later on. I bought an extended warranty for the car in case if anything goes wrong, then we are covered.

Good luck!
Bee

Old 10-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aat

It seems like lots of people are having major issues with this car or am I just biased. I wonder if I should even consider getting a replacement on the same car if it comes to that...
Hang in there. Every manufacturer, even one with a solidly good build rep like Honda, sells bad cars once in a while. You were unfortunately one of those unlucky ones, but it sounds like the dealer is doing what they can. It's only been a week and half, so push the dealer to honor their warranty.

Quick Reply: 2007 HCH II - MAJOR MELTDOWN ALREADY!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands