HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

2009 Civic Hybrid iMA HV/12V and Other problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 02:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 Civic Hybrid iMA HV/12V and Other problems

The only reason I would recommend someone purchase sticks directly from China is if I'm trying to sabotage them, and I want them to suffer.

What do you think will happen if your sticks are damaged in shipping, or one fails in a few months?

The only people who should be buying sticks are those with an established relationship with a manufacturer and regularly schedule large shipments with enough overage to cover damage or quality issues. They will have leverage in future buying dollars.

Consumer orders get the leftover junk because they'll just claim the BCM damaged the sticks, refuse warranty and leave you out of luck. Even if you get resolution, you'll be out weeks of frustration.

Again, recommend reconditioned pack from BB. IMHO, quality reconditioned Panasonic/Sanyo cells are better than new from China.

Think of it this way... you're paying $1000 for garbage vs. $1295 for quality reconditioned cells.

Old 11-15-2022, 03:02 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 Civic Hybrid iMA HV/12V and Other problems

Well, I guess I'm glad you don't want me to suffer anymore than I already am then LOL. Everything you said was what I was already thinking was most likely, but I appreciate you confirming it for me.