HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

$3.25 gas, aren't you glad you bought one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: $3.25 gas, aren't you glad you bought one?

I think the regular honda civic's EPA is 40mpg, BTW... and the fit comes in very close at 38.
I have an insight but I love the HCH II... I think they're gorgeous vehicles and I wish they had the hybrid option for coupes...

Old 07-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: $3.25 gas, aren't you glad you bought one?

I think it is always good to look into the future where ever possible and make adjustments. I bought mine right after the big scare cuz gas was well over a dollar at the time. I have the reciept of my first hybrid gas purchase and is $1.24/g.

I'm glad I have my HCH and learned how to squeeze for efficiency:
But there are millions of non-hybrid users who have no idea how much bad habits versus good habits effect fuel economy. They have no desire because they remain ignorant. Most think maximum fuel economy is just going slow, sometimes dangerously slow.
They don't think their car is really that economic because it's not a diesel or hybrid.
They don't realize that their regular Corolla, Civic, Neon etc can beat some hybrid or diesel drivers for efficiency.
This is NOT a slam against low-achieving hybrid drivers...we all have our reasons but the fact remains.

I'd like to call on the good people of this, and other fuel economy websites to encourage people in whatever they drive.
Some kind, encouraging words at work or a few posts in general automoive sites would be appreciated by many.
Most won't take your advice but some will.
-Steve