HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Differences in spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Differences in spark plugs

These are the spark plugs listed for my 2006 Civic Hybrid II. Are there any significant differences in these that I would need to consider?

Thanks!

12290-RMX-004 008 SPARK PLUG (SK20HPR-L11) (DENSO)
12290-RMX-014 008 SPARK PLUG (SK20HPR-L11) (DENSO)
12290-RMX-003 008 SPARK PLUG (ILFR6J-11K) (NGK)
12290-RMX-013 008 SPARK PLUG (ILFR6J-11K) (NGK)

Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Differences in spark plugs

Check out Diamond Fire e3 sparkplugs. They will increase horsepower and mileage.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Differences in spark plugs

Originally Posted by Rickhandling
Check out Diamond Fire e3 sparkplugs. They will increase horsepower and mileage.
Do you have first-hand experience to support your assertion? You didn't provide any specifics, and your profile doesn't indicate whether your '03 Civic is a hybrid model.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast

What kind of reply and attitude is that!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I have a Civic Hybrid and have been working on cars for over 30 years!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Differences in spark plugs

Whoa, whoa... there was no attitude or bad intention in my question! That is something that you read into it. Sometimes a question is just... a question.

I simply asked if you had any first-hand experience because you didn't give any specifics at all. People here generally want such claims to be supported. I've been working on cars for nearly 40 years, and still it'd be nice to know the basis for your claim.

Sorry you misunderstood my intention. Welcome to the forum – we are a friendly and supportive bunch, really.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Do NOT use anything in your car except what the manufacturer recommends. I have heard from the owner of a shop that says the various "better than original" plugs don't work--including these. Anyone replacing a set of worn plugs with a new set of 'miracle' plugs is going to claim the engine runs better. Yeah, you just repalced a worn part with a new one!

The questions to be answered, however, include endurance over the long haul and whether they could actually damage an engine. Why risk an engine worth thousands of dollars over a $6-7 spark plug?

Also, claims that an electric charge is going to some how magically split into two or three electrodes is baloney. Electricity is going to find the path of least resistance, not the three paths of least resistance.

Keep in mind that if they were better, every car at Indy and NASCAR would be using them AND endorsing them--not the other way around, where E3 is paying people to use their plugs and their name. They would also be certified and approved for use in piston-driven aircraft engines, which they are not.

Also, in the VERY competitive world of selling cars and trucks, if car manufacturers had tested them and found them to be superior to what they are now using, anyone and everyone would be using E3s to get an edge on the competition in terms of performance or mileage.

Don't risk it--go with what Honda has already tested and proven to be the right plug for your engine.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:42 AM
Enthusiast

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/

Old 08-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

I will buy those plugs if car makers ever recommend them. till they do that these plugs are just another marketing ploy to reach for my hard earned money.

i can save way more gas by just dropping my speed by 5 mph.

ks

Old 08-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Enthusiast

I have a friend that is a mechanic at Honda Dealership and told me to use the plugs that are Iradium? There expensive because they are suppose to last 100k miles....I have 06 with 90k miles and still consistently get 43 mpg since I purchased the car. Going to change plugs this week..he did mention some of the speciality plugs splitfire..etc..run much hotter and I should not use.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Enthusiast

Quick Reply: Differences in spark plugs

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands