HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Finally joined the P0A7F club

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 05:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Finally joined the P0A7F club

Hi folks,

I finally joined the P0A7F code club! IMA and check engine light is on. 2006 HCH-II with 70k miles.

I installed the hybrid automotive prolong charge-discharge unit several years ago so I’m doing a deep conditioning cycle now. drain-charge-drain-charge. Hopefully that will get rid of the light for a few months while I figure out what to do.

as you all know, this car is a huge pain to drive when the battery is giving zero assist.

I can buy a new bumblebee battery and I think I can get many more years from the car because the mechanical condition is great. (Except that one time the transmission slipped.) On the other hand the car’s monetary value is so low that I would never recover the investment of a new battery in a trade in. Also with remote work I might kill the replacement battery by letting the car sit too long between drives.

Last edited by gafortiby; 12-23-2020 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Finally joined the P0A7F club

Please be cautious on the discharges. There is rarely any benefit to deep discharges vs. the more conservative ones to around 100V. 66V is the absolute floor.

Ensure each charge is 25 hours.

Old 12-24-2020, 01:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

After balance charge for two days, I reset the DTC code and took a ten mile test drive. Everything seems to be back to normal for now. I’ll have to see how long before my next IMA light.

Old 09-25-2021, 09:32 AM
Enthusiast

At long last got the new modules and supplanted it. Could just took snaps which I will post it soon.. My terrible, when working with HV Battery I was wearing a metal watch and unintentionally came into contact with the modules, the watch fell to pieces with heat. I got injured a little. Supplanted the modules with the flawed ones. Everything looks OK. I'm intermittently checking the Information list through toyota techstream. Will post the pdf's and pictures for reference reason soon.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
snaptube vidmate

Last edited by Alisad; 09-25-2021 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alisad
At long last got the new modules and supplanted it. Could just took snaps which I will post it soon.. My terrible, when working with HV Battery I was wearing a metal watch and unintentionally came into contact with the modules, the watch fell to pieces with heat. I got injured a little. Supplanted the modules with the flawed ones. Everything looks OK. I'm intermittently checking the Information list through toyota techstream. Will post the pdf's and pictures for reference reason soon.
How are you monitoring a Honda Civic Hybrid with Toyota Techstream?