HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 05:24 AM
Enthusiastically Active
Default Re: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

16,000 trouble free miles here.

Old 07-06-2006, 06:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
It's a little annoying to tell it "go home" and instead of plotting a route back home, it turns the radio on.
I've had the same problems. Because of this, I rarely use the voice recognition of the navi.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

7300 MILES, only the 63 mile bug- fixed. a few squeaks early that disappeared. otherwise perfect!

Old 07-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

5000 miles. No problems yet.

Old 07-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
Umm, you do realize you're talking to a navi, and not KITT, right?
It's not KITT... my son named her "Judy"!!! Judy has been very reliable until recently. Now she doesn't listen to me anymore. Maybe I was mean to her? Perhaps I should buy her some flowers.

Old 07-07-2006, 05:45 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
It's not KITT... my son named her "Judy"!!! Judy has been very reliable until recently. Now she doesn't listen to me anymore. Maybe I was mean to her? Perhaps I should buy her some flowers.
I think that's been my only problem. One day I got upset at her lack of understanding what I was saying, and I said some unpleasant words to her. Each time I said something mean, she would either turn my radio off or turn my A/C off. We've since reconciled.

So, no real problems here and I'm at nearly 6000 miles. The second HCH II hasn't had any problems either.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have just over 1000 miles on my HCHII - it rained all day yesterday here in mostly sunny South Florida.

When I started my car to go home, the car started but every warning light on the dash stayed on as if the engine was not running. Shut the car off and started it again - most of the lights shut off - the IMA light and check engine light (emissions) stayed on. Drove a little bit, restarted again after stopping at a traffic light and then only the check engine light stayed on. Drove about 20 miles (with several planned stops) and it finally shut off.

The car is running fine now... don't know whether to take it in and have it checked or not.

Has this happened to you?

Old 07-26-2006, 01:23 AM
Enthusiast

Almost at 4000 miles and everything's going good so far, with one exception.

When my front windows are opened about 2-3 inches down they seem to rattle(squeak noise). Anyone else experience this?

Old 07-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Proud owner HCHII

4,000 miles - absolutely perfect! Managed EV mode for two miles at 20mph, you can definitely recognise the difference between valves shut and engine firing by listening and experience. Averaging 550 miles per tank with enough in reserve (all bars gone) for another 50+ miles. Very happy owner!

Old 07-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Hyper Hybrid Dude

After a few weeks, the door handles started to get harder to pull to unlatch the doors from outside and inside car. Now with 5K miles, doors are still hard to open at times. Tried grease on latch, but doesn't make a difference. Wife thought passenger door was locked once when she tried to open it to enter car due to stiffness.
Plan to tell dealer when I take it in for service.

Anyone with simular problem.

Quick Reply: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands