HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH-II Hidden Features

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:24 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Wink HCH-II Hidden Features

Like everyone else who owns a new Civic Hybrid I keep discovering new features. Some of them are documented, some are not.

The latest one I noticed:

After you get off the car if you press the unlock bottom in your key instead of the Lock button... wait 30 seconds and the car locks itself up.

Is it a "delayed-lock" feature ? Has anyone seen it documented anywhere ?

Old 06-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH-II Hidden Features

Its not really a hidden feature. If you unlock the car and do not open any of the doors it will relock the car. More like a safety feature. It's documented in my user manual.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by HCH-Jun
Its not really a hidden feature. If you unlock the car and do not open any of the doors it will relock the car. More like a safety feature. It's documented in my user manual.
It actually does it even if the car wasn't locked when you pressed the unlock button. It is a good thing because if you press the wrong button after leaving your car it will still get locked.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast

The car doesn't have to be locked...just as long as you press the unlock button and do not open any of the doors within a specific amount of time it will lock the car.

Old 06-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Enthusiast

It even does that in my '05

Old 06-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

That is pretty cool.

NOW I know why my doors were locked the other morning. I thought the baby found my keys and hit the lock button when I wasn't looking

-G

Old 06-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

The best 'hidden' feature I have come across is the incredible gas mileage you can get with the car, and and how easy it is to get it. I have only had my HCH2 a couple of weeks, driven a few of hundred miles, and am averaging over 60+mpg thanks to the numerous driving tips from this site. We also have a Prius, and with very, very carefull driving can get high numbers, but it is much easier with the Honda.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Proud owner HCHII

The truly hidden features are the subject of the video on the Honda World site which shows us the fascinating internal workings of the ICE and IMA.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You can roll up the windows AFTER you turn the car off.

The armrest between the front seats slides forward, just push it.

This is not a feature but if you remove the three rear headrests the visibility is vastly improved.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by kenny
You can roll up the windows AFTER you turn the car off.
My Tribute is like that, too. As long as you roll them up (or down) BEFORE a door is opened. It lasts for 5 or 10 minutes. Sunroof, too.

Quick Reply: HCH-II Hidden Features

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands