HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCHII lingo and explanations please

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Enthusiast
Default HCHII lingo and explanations please

Ok, so I'm starting to get the hang things now. I'm still a little confused though, on some of the language used. Can you guys please clear my head for me. What is the assist guage used for? When the grey bars go up is it telling me my gas engine is "assisting" the electric engine or the other way around. Is it better to not have any grey bars show up? What is DWL and the other DW(I forgot the other letter) and SoC? I love driving this car, it's like a video game and I'm alway trying to beat my high score.

Save the polar Bears.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:14 PM
HypoFueler
Default Re: HCHII lingo and explanations please

Assist/regen gage shows you when power is flowing from the battery to the electric motor (IMA assistance) or back towards the battery (regen).. Grey bars mean the IMA is assisting in propelling the vehicle. During accelleration, its ok to have some bars show up - thats what its there for. In general though, try not to have too many green regen bars show up - if you are trying to get higher mpgs.

DWL is driving with load and tends to mean keeping your foot on the throttle at about the same spot. So for instance, as you climb a small hill, you may lose some speed, then recover it on the other side.

DWB is driving without brakes, though not literally. Just try to avoid having to use a lot of breaking by not going too fast, tailgaiting cars ahead of you or getting caught (often) at red lights. Hitting the brakes wastes some of the energy that your gas (or battery) just gave you in motion.

SoC is state of charge - for the IMA battery pack. Generally this is indicated by the battery charge indicator. It is pretty happy when 5 or more bars are showing.

Keep reading posts here - plenty of info.

Glad you enjoy the HCH2!

Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCHII lingo and explanations please

I remember a thread like this. Sadly, it did not become a complete list of acronyms. Still good for reference though:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...cronyms-14793/