HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

High Speed Surge

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: High Speed Surge

Well,
I guess I'm having a hard time accepting that I have a problem with a Honda transmission at only 56k. Hell my subaru SVX xmission made it to 75k!

Anyway, I have an appointment at the stealer, Honda of Oakland, for Monday morning. They have a $135/hr shop rate! Ouch! I'd take it to Berkeley Minicar but as it still has 4k left on the drive train warranty, I think it's more important to document what may eventually become a warranty issue.

Thanks for the help!
Chris

Old 06-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

New oil for the CVT usually shows up around 50,000 mile mark with the maintenance minder. It may have been changed allready, but don't sound like it! H

Old 06-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Rookie Enthusiast

thanks, Steve! I really appreciate the reassurance from you and Jess. Been driving my '86 Camry for so long that I'm still getting used to the hybrid mind set (but I'm a convert).

Philip

Old 06-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

Anytime, Phillip. Not only does the car allow you to save money on gas, but also on regular maintenance.
Just don't let the dealer change your air and cabin filters. I buy mine from NAPA for around $12 each and replace them once a year. I've read dealers charge a pretty penny to change those.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Rookie Enthusiast

another good tip; thanks! I've always avoided dealer service like the plague before, so I appreciate the advice about what to have them actually do.

P

Old 07-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Enthusiast

Went to the dealer, because it's a warranty item. At least I wanted it documented in case it becomes a transmission rebuild after 60k. They tested the snot out of it, both with the computer and driving it. Couldn't duplicate the problem. But my service writer, Sammy at Honda of Oakland, was awesome! He wrote a book and put it "in the system" so my problem is well documented.

The next step is to see if I can get a reliable way of duplicating the problem, then take Sammy for a ride.

Beez