HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Honda Civic Specific Parrot Harness Now Available

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Honda Civic Specific Parrot Harness Now Available

I just got an email from Howard at www.parrotkits.com that the QC-Hon2 harness is now available for the Civics. I would get your order in quickly if you want them as their is a large backlog of orders. He expected to have enough to fill the backorders next week. I recently fixed my homemade Metra harness yesterday and got my navigation system back up and running after Howard gave me a contact at Metra who shipped me the missing pins in the 70-1722 harness. It was not that hard to do, but trust me and buy the Parrot 3200 and the new QC-Hon2 kit to make your life a lot easier. I will post pictures of my installation if anyone is interested. I finally have Bluetooth with the Navigation system.

On a separate topic, does anybody know if you can get the navigation voice commands to change volume automatically with the radio volume? It is really annoying to have to crank up the voice if you are cranking the radio only to get blasted out later if you turn it down. Sometimes I wonder if Alpine even uses their own units before going into production.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Honda Civic Specific Parrot Harness Now Available

Originally Posted by cherokee180c
I will post pictures of my installation if anyone is interested. I finally have Bluetooth with the Navigation system.

On a separate topic, does anybody know if you can get the navigation voice commands to change volume automatically with the radio volume? It is really annoying to have to crank up the voice if you are cranking the radio only to get blasted out later if you turn it down. Sometimes I wonder if Alpine even uses their own units before going into production.
Dave:

Please post photos. I am planning on putting in Bluetooth in a couple of weeks.

I haven't seen any settings for the navigation voice to track with audio volume or with speed. In my car, the front speakers mute when the voice guidance speaks. Does yours? I wonder if your harness had defeated this function?

Old 01-21-2007, 06:38 PM
www.disczones.com

Does the parrot kit show the phone numbers on the Navi screen? Got photos of the installation? Thanks.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

This thread is much less entertaining that I had hoped. I was expecting to see pictures of Parrots (you know... birds!) harnessed into an HCH..... Very disappointing..... :-)

Eric

Old 01-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by williaea
This thread is much less entertaining that I had hoped. I was expecting to see pictures of Parrots (you know... birds!) harnessed into an HCH..... Very disappointing..... :-)
Yeah, same here. Perhaps "parrotheads" require a different kind of harness; if so, I need to get one.