HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

I just love my new HCH 2008!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default I just love my new HCH 2008!

Buy this car last week and have to say this car is amazing! My first drive Toronto - Montreal I average 46 MPG . The first 150 mile there is a lot of hill but the second alf is more flat anf I even average 51 MPG for 46 milles.

Previous owner have and average of 36 MPG on 60k so the car could do bad but could also do good depend how you drive it. Im by no way an hyper miler I just drive it like an economic car and also read and learn to drive it.

I almost cancel my buy after reading here many post of complain from people bashing the car and Im really happy I did not!

I think the problem with some is they just don't know how to drive it. This car don't do miracle if you drive it like a corvette you may be better buy something else this car is made for the person who want to do economy and want to learn to drive it like it should be.

by the way the car have the software update

Old 05-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I just love my new HCH 2008!

I have said that all along, people are asking the car to do something it was never intended to do, they are then unhappy....looks like the previous owner of your car took my advise :-) and bought something different. Funny thing, you have improved their gas mileage by quite a bit, if people would only listen and research.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Enthusiast

Couldn't agree more. I have a 2008 and I'm thrilled with it. I have the software update as well. After a few months of paying attention to the gauges and my driving habits, I constantly average close to or over 50 mpg. (Just as a test, I drove it like a hot rod for a day a while back and I averaged about 37. Then I started to feel bad for my car...)
Really goes to show, hybrids have so much to do with how you drive them. Good luck with your 2008!

Old 05-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Hyper-Everything'er

I agree. My '08 is everything I could have hoped. I just put down my first 60.5 MPG tank followed by a 59.5 MPG tank. Averaging way over 50 MPG since I bought it in January. Software update only helped drivability.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:32 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, first post here. I just bought my 2008 HCH 2 days ago with 28500 on the clock. Is the software update only covered under the 3/36 warranty or under the 8/80 IMA warranty? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:37 AM

It is a recall so it should be covered regardless, ask your dealer some of them are not offering the best service...if you don't hear yes, call Honda and ask them to interviene. I may have already been done if you bought it from a Honda dealer, I know of no way to tell easly. Actually I might suggest if the car is warmed up, and the battery is 4 bars or higher, at your next stop, try this....once stopped, in auto stop, let off the brake to turn the engine on, just for a second & re apply, does it auto stop more than two times, if so, likely it has the update, if not likely it does not.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bobs Metallic Pearl
It is a recall so it should be covered regardless, ask your dealer some of them are not offering the best service...if you don't hear yes, call Honda and ask them to interviene. I may have already been done if you bought it from a Honda dealer, I know of no way to tell easly. Actually I might suggest if the car is warmed up, and the battery is 4 bars or higher, at your next stop, try this....once stopped, in auto stop, let off the brake to turn the engine on, just for a second & re apply, does it auto stop more than two times, if so, likely it has the update, if not likely it does not.
Thank you Bob. I tried what you suggested and it didn't auto stop more than once. I'll try again today near the end of my commute in to work. Should I pursue this update? I've read such mixed reviews.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:15 PM

Sorry but the update is something you have to decide on your own...I have it, I really think it helped, others don't....I suspect some of the problem is ailing battries prior to the update, I suspct some is fud or people who are unhappy with the car to begin with because it is not what they thought they were buying....I am not saying there are not some legit, unhappy people out there with real problems but I suspect those problems already existed or would have cropped up with or without....what it does for me is "softens" the recalcalcs so I dont go to 0-1 bar with no assist, they happen less often and they are over quicker, I also can auto stop sooner and more often per stop.....of course, YMMV (a lot :-)...a hybrid joke)

Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Veteran Mechanic

Originally Posted by Bobs Metallic Pearl
I may have already been done if you bought it from a Honda dealer, I know of no way to tell easly
There is one sure way to know, check the VIN# under your hood, if the 5th number has a punch mark near it then the update has been performed.

I hope this helps.

PS Yes I agree about it's a matter of personal choice to get the update done, I will however warn if your battery pack is already on it's last leg so to speak, the update may do more harm than good.

Last edited by Jamchel; 06-03-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:41 PM

Cool, I did not know that, went to look at mine and do not see it, where is it located under the hood?

Quick Reply: I just love my new HCH 2008!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands